Ben Affleck's 'The Town' Unleashes First TV Spot
Another look at "The Town" which is directed and starring Ben Affleck has been provided in a TV spot. The sneak peek, which now has gone online, mostly highlights the crimes done by a group of bank robbers which has Affleck's Doug MacRay as the de facto leader.
The film centers its story on MacRay who never has to fear losing anyone close to him since he has no real attachment. But it all changes after the gang briefly took bank manager Claire Keesey as a hostage. Though they let her go unharmed, Claire is nervously aware that the robbers know her name and where she lives.
But she lets her guard down when she meets an unassuming and rather charming man named Doug without realizing that he is the same man who only days earlier had terrorized her. The instant attraction between them gradually turns into a passionate romance that threatens to take them both down a dangerous, and potentially deadly, path.
Oscar-nominated actor Jeremy Renner joins the flick to portray another member of the bank robbers. Rebecca Hall portrays Claire Keesey while Blake Lively is cast as Doug MacRay's ex-girlfriend. Jon Hamm also lands a role as Special Agent Adam Frawley who pursues MacRay and his team.
"The Town" is among the list of films that will be premiered at the 35th Annual Toronto International Film Festival which runs September 9-19. The movie will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures on date 17 of the same month.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'