'Batman 3' May Be Partially Filmed in New Orleans
Another superhero could visit New Orleans, Louisiana in the near future. After Warner Bros. "Green Lantern" is shot in the city, untitled Batman 3 project which also comes from the same studio reportedly will also hold its production there.
According to Comic Book Movie (CBM), the studio wants to take advantage of the friendly tax incentives the city has to offer for the third "Batman" movie from Christopher Nolan. If the deal finalizes, almost half of the filming of "The Dark Knight" sequel could take place in New Orleans.
Meanwhile, location scouting for the upcoming movie has reportedly begun in Chicago, Illinois where the previous two films were also shot. CBM further reports that principal photography for the next "Batman" film will be kicked off between March and April 2011 for July 20, 2012 U.S. release.
For the forthcoming action superhero project, Christopher Nolan is expected to return as helmer. Three "Inception" stars, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, were recently thrown as the possible depicter of the movie's villain, but no official announcement on the casting has been made so far.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital