'Batman 3' May Be Partially Filmed in New Orleans
Another superhero could visit New Orleans, Louisiana in the near future. After Warner Bros. "Green Lantern" is shot in the city, untitled Batman 3 project which also comes from the same studio reportedly will also hold its production there.
According to Comic Book Movie (CBM), the studio wants to take advantage of the friendly tax incentives the city has to offer for the third "Batman" movie from Christopher Nolan. If the deal finalizes, almost half of the filming of "The Dark Knight" sequel could take place in New Orleans.
Meanwhile, location scouting for the upcoming movie has reportedly begun in Chicago, Illinois where the previous two films were also shot. CBM further reports that principal photography for the next "Batman" film will be kicked off between March and April 2011 for July 20, 2012 U.S. release.
For the forthcoming action superhero project, Christopher Nolan is expected to return as helmer. Three "Inception" stars, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, were recently thrown as the possible depicter of the movie's villain, but no official announcement on the casting has been made so far.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed