'Batman 3' May Be Partially Filmed in New Orleans
Another superhero could visit New Orleans, Louisiana in the near future. After Warner Bros. "Green Lantern" is shot in the city, untitled Batman 3 project which also comes from the same studio reportedly will also hold its production there.
According to Comic Book Movie (CBM), the studio wants to take advantage of the friendly tax incentives the city has to offer for the third "Batman" movie from Christopher Nolan. If the deal finalizes, almost half of the filming of "The Dark Knight" sequel could take place in New Orleans.
Meanwhile, location scouting for the upcoming movie has reportedly begun in Chicago, Illinois where the previous two films were also shot. CBM further reports that principal photography for the next "Batman" film will be kicked off between March and April 2011 for July 20, 2012 U.S. release.
For the forthcoming action superhero project, Christopher Nolan is expected to return as helmer. Three "Inception" stars, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, were recently thrown as the possible depicter of the movie's villain, but no official announcement on the casting has been made so far.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child