Jane Lynch Tapped to Host 'Saturday Night Live'
Jane Lynch is heading to "Saturday Night Live" as a host. The depicter of Sue Sylvester on FOX's "Glee" will appear in one of the early episodes of the variety show when it returns for the 36th season this Fall. According to the Facebook campaign, her episode is dated October 9 but NBC has not released any comment.
Like Betty White, Lynch has a number of devoted fans who took the effort of creating a certain Facebook page to get her to host. "An actor with a background in sketch comedy and improv hosting SNL, what? If Taylor [Lautner] and Betty can host SNL, so can Jane," a statement on the page says. The campaign has gained more than 3,000 supporters before the goal was achieved.
Lynch has a comedy sketch background with "Second City", which is also the starter kick of many "SNL" performers. The actress is also an alumna of comedy series "Party Down" on Starz before she dropped out to concentrate on "Glee".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic