Jane Lynch Tapped to Host 'Saturday Night Live'
Jane Lynch is heading to "Saturday Night Live" as a host. The depicter of Sue Sylvester on FOX's "Glee" will appear in one of the early episodes of the variety show when it returns for the 36th season this Fall. According to the Facebook campaign, her episode is dated October 9 but NBC has not released any comment.
Like Betty White, Lynch has a number of devoted fans who took the effort of creating a certain Facebook page to get her to host. "An actor with a background in sketch comedy and improv hosting SNL, what? If Taylor [Lautner] and Betty can host SNL, so can Jane," a statement on the page says. The campaign has gained more than 3,000 supporters before the goal was achieved.
Lynch has a comedy sketch background with "Second City", which is also the starter kick of many "SNL" performers. The actress is also an alumna of comedy series "Party Down" on Starz before she dropped out to concentrate on "Glee".
More Saturday Night Live News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked