Jane Lynch Tapped to Host 'Saturday Night Live'
Jane Lynch is heading to "Saturday Night Live" as a host. The depicter of Sue Sylvester on FOX's "Glee" will appear in one of the early episodes of the variety show when it returns for the 36th season this Fall. According to the Facebook campaign, her episode is dated October 9 but NBC has not released any comment.
Like Betty White, Lynch has a number of devoted fans who took the effort of creating a certain Facebook page to get her to host. "An actor with a background in sketch comedy and improv hosting SNL, what? If Taylor [Lautner] and Betty can host SNL, so can Jane," a statement on the page says. The campaign has gained more than 3,000 supporters before the goal was achieved.
Lynch has a comedy sketch background with "Second City", which is also the starter kick of many "SNL" performers. The actress is also an alumna of comedy series "Party Down" on Starz before she dropped out to concentrate on "Glee".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier