Jane Lynch Tapped to Host 'Saturday Night Live'
Jane Lynch is heading to "Saturday Night Live" as a host. The depicter of Sue Sylvester on FOX's "Glee" will appear in one of the early episodes of the variety show when it returns for the 36th season this Fall. According to the Facebook campaign, her episode is dated October 9 but NBC has not released any comment.
Like Betty White, Lynch has a number of devoted fans who took the effort of creating a certain Facebook page to get her to host. "An actor with a background in sketch comedy and improv hosting SNL, what? If Taylor [Lautner] and Betty can host SNL, so can Jane," a statement on the page says. The campaign has gained more than 3,000 supporters before the goal was achieved.
Lynch has a comedy sketch background with "Second City", which is also the starter kick of many "SNL" performers. The actress is also an alumna of comedy series "Party Down" on Starz before she dropped out to concentrate on "Glee".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'