Artist of the Week: Shontelle
A former law student, Shontelle decided to follow her true calling as a songwriter/singer and she proved she got the talent. At the time when many people were rising tempo for their music, this Barbadian artist took a different approach. Thinking about many heartbroken people out there, she felt people would miss ballad track which could help them go through the hard time.
Following her instinct, she showed off her vulnerable side in an effortless, yet anthemic slow jam "Impossible" amidst the many dance tracks already on sale. The track revolves around a troubled relationship and it helped connect with listeners as many of them had been through a similar situation. As a result, it performed well on Billboard Hot 100, reaching No. 13 on the list and becoming her highest-charting single so far.
The somber tone she brought in the ballad track doesn't mean that she doesn't know how to have some fun though. In a recent exclusive interview with AceShowbiz, she promised that "No Gravity", the album where "Impossible" is set to appear, will be more polished with "a dynamic mix of different music styles."
There is a fun song called "DJ Made Me Do" which she worked on with the Jackie Boyz, Bruno Mars & The Smeethingtons. She explained, "My biggest fans love pop, rock and dance music. But I also have a lot of R&B fans. So I tried to blend those styles in a fun way." She is going to release the album in United States on September 14.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal