'The Other Guys' Gets Rid of 'Inception' From Box Office Peak
"The Other Guys" has ended the reign of "Inception" at North American Box Office. After being unchallenged for three straight weeks, "Inception" is forced to hand out the champion title to the comedy starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg.
Earning a bigger-than-expected $35.6 million on its debut weekend, the buddy cop film gives Ferrell his second biggest debut after "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" which raked in $47 million during its 2006 opening. The Christopher Nolan-directed sci-fi, meanwhile, adds an estimated $18.6 million to its domestic gross on its fourth weekend.
The other newcomer which also makes a blast at this week's chart is "Step Up 3-D". Dubbed the first dance movie which is presented with 3-D technology, the drama musical becomes the second runner up at the chart after gaining an estimated $15.5 million mostly from younger audience.
At number four there is "Salt" which pulls in an approximately $11.1 million on its third weekend. "Dinner for Schmucks" has a sourer weekend than the Angelina Jolie-starring action thriller does, dropping from second to fifth with an estimated $10.5 million cume.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for August 6-8:
- "The Other Guys" - $35.6 million
- "Inception" - $18.6 million
- "Step Up 3-D" - $15.5 million
- "Salt" - $11.1 million
- "Dinner for Schmucks" - $10.5 million
- "Despicable Me" - $9.4 million
- "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" - $6.9 million
- "Charlie St. Cloud" - $4.7 million
- "Toy Story 3" - $3 million
- "The Kids Are All Right" - $2.6 million
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary