Weezer's New Single 'Memories' Hits Airwaves
A brand new single from Weezer has been unveiled, marking "a new phase" in their career. Titled "Memories", it was debuted on SoCal's 98.7 FM and introduced by frontman Rivers Cuomo after the band performed at the US Open Surf Championships over the weekend.
"Memories" is the first single from their upcoming indie studio album "Hurley" which is going to be released in United States on September 14 via their new home Epitaph Records. The band's camp wrote on their official site, "This is the 3rd new Weezer album in 3 years, an unprecidented feat for the weez thats reminiscent of the olden days in the '60s when bands released new stuff on a tight schedule."
Other new tracks from the fall release include "Ruling Me" and "Hang On". There's also "Smart Girls" which is an ode to all the girls that are hitting on Cuomo on Twitter. The vocalist told Rolling Stone, "I was really getting into Twitter a year ago, and suddenly there were all these really hot girls that were hitting me on Twitter. I was like, 'Where'd all these hot girls come from now that I'm totally married?' "
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic