Weezer's New Single 'Memories' Hits Airwaves
A brand new single from Weezer has been unveiled, marking "a new phase" in their career. Titled "Memories", it was debuted on SoCal's 98.7 FM and introduced by frontman Rivers Cuomo after the band performed at the US Open Surf Championships over the weekend.
"Memories" is the first single from their upcoming indie studio album "Hurley" which is going to be released in United States on September 14 via their new home Epitaph Records. The band's camp wrote on their official site, "This is the 3rd new Weezer album in 3 years, an unprecidented feat for the weez thats reminiscent of the olden days in the '60s when bands released new stuff on a tight schedule."
Other new tracks from the fall release include "Ruling Me" and "Hang On". There's also "Smart Girls" which is an ode to all the girls that are hitting on Cuomo on Twitter. The vocalist told Rolling Stone, "I was really getting into Twitter a year ago, and suddenly there were all these really hot girls that were hitting me on Twitter. I was like, 'Where'd all these hot girls come from now that I'm totally married?' "
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image