Weezer's New Single 'Memories' Hits Airwaves
A brand new single from Weezer has been unveiled, marking "a new phase" in their career. Titled "Memories", it was debuted on SoCal's 98.7 FM and introduced by frontman Rivers Cuomo after the band performed at the US Open Surf Championships over the weekend.
"Memories" is the first single from their upcoming indie studio album "Hurley" which is going to be released in United States on September 14 via their new home Epitaph Records. The band's camp wrote on their official site, "This is the 3rd new Weezer album in 3 years, an unprecidented feat for the weez thats reminiscent of the olden days in the '60s when bands released new stuff on a tight schedule."
Other new tracks from the fall release include "Ruling Me" and "Hang On". There's also "Smart Girls" which is an ode to all the girls that are hitting on Cuomo on Twitter. The vocalist told Rolling Stone, "I was really getting into Twitter a year ago, and suddenly there were all these really hot girls that were hitting me on Twitter. I was like, 'Where'd all these hot girls come from now that I'm totally married?' "
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift