Weezer's New Single 'Memories' Hits Airwaves
A brand new single from Weezer has been unveiled, marking "a new phase" in their career. Titled "Memories", it was debuted on SoCal's 98.7 FM and introduced by frontman Rivers Cuomo after the band performed at the US Open Surf Championships over the weekend.
"Memories" is the first single from their upcoming indie studio album "Hurley" which is going to be released in United States on September 14 via their new home Epitaph Records. The band's camp wrote on their official site, "This is the 3rd new Weezer album in 3 years, an unprecidented feat for the weez thats reminiscent of the olden days in the '60s when bands released new stuff on a tight schedule."
Other new tracks from the fall release include "Ruling Me" and "Hang On". There's also "Smart Girls" which is an ode to all the girls that are hitting on Cuomo on Twitter. The vocalist told Rolling Stone, "I was really getting into Twitter a year ago, and suddenly there were all these really hot girls that were hitting me on Twitter. I was like, 'Where'd all these hot girls come from now that I'm totally married?' "
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?