Kanye West Bares All, Talking New Album and Responding to Racist Claim
A day after making headline by debuting a pushing-the-envelope music video for his single "Power", Kanye West hosted a Ustream chat to answer "humanizing questions" from his fans. During the session which was conducted from Korea, he revealed his next studio installment will be released "sometime in November."
Commenting on the 90-second moving painting of "Power", Kanye said he initially wanted to make a mini movie which clocks in around 30 or 40 minutes. After the song leak however, he scrapped the plan and decided to move fast with a new treatment since a lengthy clip might take long time.
But, he is still interested to make a lengthier clip. "We vibed out in my house, and I had all these references of Renaissance paintings," he shared. "I always wanted to re-create the Sistine Chapel. This is not the full re-creation [though]. I still might want to do that."
Now that "Power" has been embraced by music fans, Kanye is gearing to move on with another single. As a follow-up, he will release either "Lost in the World" or "All of the Lights" in about 20 days. He even previewed the latter song.
Outside topic about his new album, Kanye West also responded to people calling him racist. He said, "I actually don't know a rapper before me that liked white people more than me, in all honesty. I don't know a rapper that wore tighter jeans. I don't know a rapper that collaborated with more white people."
"I know what made people put me in a box like that, but it didn't come from a place of racism," he continued, apparently referring to his clash with Taylor Swift at 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. "I won't delve into that, but, I'm in no way am I a racist."
He already moved on and now there is "no more time to be a rude a*shole celebrity." He gushed, "It's about the art. I'm not allowing my attitude to get in the way of my creation anymore. I had to change my attitude completely, and now my statement is only amazing work. That's all I want to do, is give you all the most amazing work possible."
More Kanye West News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage