Pics: Emma Thompson Enshrined in Hollywood Walk of Fame
Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a midday ceremony outside the historic Pig 'n Whistle pub on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles on Friday, August 6. Donning black and white ensemble, the 51-year-old star was honored with the 2,416th star.
Emma's "Nanny McPhee Returns" castmate Maggie Gyllenhaal and "House M.D." actor Hugh Laurie, whom Emma dated when they attended England's University of Cambridge, were on hand for the ceremony. Emma also brought a baby pig along with her and had a pint of beer on her new piece of terrazzo real estate.
Emma won an Academy Award for her leading role as Margaret Schlegel in 1992 movie "Howard's End". Meanwhile, her new movie "Nanny McPhee Returns" will be opened in U.S. theaters on August 20. In the Susanna White-directed film, Emma reprises her role from 2006 big screen project, "Nanny McPhee".
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'