Pics: Emma Thompson Enshrined in Hollywood Walk of Fame
Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a midday ceremony outside the historic Pig 'n Whistle pub on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles on Friday, August 6. Donning black and white ensemble, the 51-year-old star was honored with the 2,416th star.
Emma's "Nanny McPhee Returns" castmate Maggie Gyllenhaal and "House M.D." actor Hugh Laurie, whom Emma dated when they attended England's University of Cambridge, were on hand for the ceremony. Emma also brought a baby pig along with her and had a pint of beer on her new piece of terrazzo real estate.
Emma won an Academy Award for her leading role as Margaret Schlegel in 1992 movie "Howard's End". Meanwhile, her new movie "Nanny McPhee Returns" will be opened in U.S. theaters on August 20. In the Susanna White-directed film, Emma reprises her role from 2006 big screen project, "Nanny McPhee".
More Emma Thompson News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign