Pics: Emma Thompson Enshrined in Hollywood Walk of Fame
Oscar-winning actress Emma Thompson got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in a midday ceremony outside the historic Pig 'n Whistle pub on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles on Friday, August 6. Donning black and white ensemble, the 51-year-old star was honored with the 2,416th star.
Emma's "Nanny McPhee Returns" castmate Maggie Gyllenhaal and "House M.D." actor Hugh Laurie, whom Emma dated when they attended England's University of Cambridge, were on hand for the ceremony. Emma also brought a baby pig along with her and had a pint of beer on her new piece of terrazzo real estate.
Emma won an Academy Award for her leading role as Margaret Schlegel in 1992 movie "Howard's End". Meanwhile, her new movie "Nanny McPhee Returns" will be opened in U.S. theaters on August 20. In the Susanna White-directed film, Emma reprises her role from 2006 big screen project, "Nanny McPhee".
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?