First Official Picture of Russell Brand and Alfred Molina in 'The Tempest'
Touchstone Pictures has released a new official production image from "The Tempest", an iteration of the classic Shakespeare play. The still gives the first look at Russell Brand as Trinculo and Alfred Molina as drunken butler Stephano. They are pictured complete with their unique costumes while running on a street.
Prior to this image, there is already another photo debuted for the movie. It captures Helen Mirren who portrays main character Prospera, whose gender has been switched from Prospero for the upcoming film. She is pictured in a dramatic scene with a ring of fire surrounding her at what looks like a desert.
"The Tempest" will center its story on Prospera, who reigns over the magical island, her daughter Miranda (Felicity Jones) and a shipwrecked crew full of Prospera's enemies. Based on Shakespeare's play, the story mixes romance with fraternal politics and the supernatural.
Julie Taymor serves behind the lens in addition to writing the script for the movie. Additional cast members include Djimon Hounsou, Ben Wishaw, Chris Cooper, Alan Cumming and David Strathairn among others. Rated PG-13, this drama film is slated for December 10 release.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4