Christoph Waltz Wanted as 'Spider-Man' Reboot Villain
Being an Oscar-winner, Christoph Waltz gets an offer from one of the biggest superhero franchises nowadays. Words on the street, Sony Pictures is interested to get the 53-year-old Austrian to play a villain in untitled Spider-Man reboot.
However, The Playlist, which confirms the report first brought into attention by Production Weekly, adds that Waltz would probably end up refusing the offer. The site reasons the "Inglourious Basterds" actor may avoid a type cast since he has taken antagonist roles in "The Green Hornet", "Water for Elephants" and "The Three Musketeers".
Michael Fassbender was previously rumored to be wanted to portray the nemesis of Spider-Man, but he eventually passed it to take a role of Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". Despite the wide casting reports, there has been no official announcement of what villainous character that will appear in the next "Spider-Man" film by Marc Webb.
So far, only Andrew Garfield who has been confirmed as the cast member of the movie to take the titular role. Shooting reportedly will start in December for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding