Christoph Waltz Wanted as 'Spider-Man' Reboot Villain
Being an Oscar-winner, Christoph Waltz gets an offer from one of the biggest superhero franchises nowadays. Words on the street, Sony Pictures is interested to get the 53-year-old Austrian to play a villain in untitled Spider-Man reboot.
However, The Playlist, which confirms the report first brought into attention by Production Weekly, adds that Waltz would probably end up refusing the offer. The site reasons the "Inglourious Basterds" actor may avoid a type cast since he has taken antagonist roles in "The Green Hornet", "Water for Elephants" and "The Three Musketeers".
Michael Fassbender was previously rumored to be wanted to portray the nemesis of Spider-Man, but he eventually passed it to take a role of Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". Despite the wide casting reports, there has been no official announcement of what villainous character that will appear in the next "Spider-Man" film by Marc Webb.
So far, only Andrew Garfield who has been confirmed as the cast member of the movie to take the titular role. Shooting reportedly will start in December for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked