Christoph Waltz Wanted as 'Spider-Man' Reboot Villain
Being an Oscar-winner, Christoph Waltz gets an offer from one of the biggest superhero franchises nowadays. Words on the street, Sony Pictures is interested to get the 53-year-old Austrian to play a villain in untitled Spider-Man reboot.
However, The Playlist, which confirms the report first brought into attention by Production Weekly, adds that Waltz would probably end up refusing the offer. The site reasons the "Inglourious Basterds" actor may avoid a type cast since he has taken antagonist roles in "The Green Hornet", "Water for Elephants" and "The Three Musketeers".
Michael Fassbender was previously rumored to be wanted to portray the nemesis of Spider-Man, but he eventually passed it to take a role of Magneto in "X-Men: First Class". Despite the wide casting reports, there has been no official announcement of what villainous character that will appear in the next "Spider-Man" film by Marc Webb.
So far, only Andrew Garfield who has been confirmed as the cast member of the movie to take the titular role. Shooting reportedly will start in December for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna