President Obama Has Oprah Winfrey on His 49th Birthday Celebration
President Barack Obama shared his birthday with one of the most influential celebrities in the world, Oprah Winfrey. Obama, who turned 49 on Wednesday, August 4, celebrated his special day at one of his hometown's best restaurants, Graham Elliot in Chicago.
Beside having Winfrey as the company, Obama was also joined by Oprah's famous best pal Gayle King, senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and his longtime pals Eric Whittaker and Marty Nesbitt. USA Today reported that the U.S. President, who opted a dark jacket, white shirt and no tie, spent more than three hours at the restaurant and left about 10:50 P.M.
As for first lady Michelle Obama, she missed the low-key birthday party because she has been on vacation in Spain along with daughter Sasha, while daughter Malia is away at camp. They have, however, wished Obama a happy birthday on early Wednesday. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said in a press briefing, "And needless to say both those calls were the highlights of his day."
Obama was not the only person who got excited that day. Chef Graham Elliot, who was a contestant on Bravo's "Top Chef Masters", was also delighted to have Obama at his restaurant. Elliot told People, "We were humbled and honored that the president decided to join us for dinner on such a special occasion. The [restaurant] team is super-psyched we have such a foodie sitting in the White House."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville