President Obama Has Oprah Winfrey on His 49th Birthday Celebration
President Barack Obama shared his birthday with one of the most influential celebrities in the world, Oprah Winfrey. Obama, who turned 49 on Wednesday, August 4, celebrated his special day at one of his hometown's best restaurants, Graham Elliot in Chicago.
Beside having Winfrey as the company, Obama was also joined by Oprah's famous best pal Gayle King, senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and his longtime pals Eric Whittaker and Marty Nesbitt. USA Today reported that the U.S. President, who opted a dark jacket, white shirt and no tie, spent more than three hours at the restaurant and left about 10:50 P.M.
As for first lady Michelle Obama, she missed the low-key birthday party because she has been on vacation in Spain along with daughter Sasha, while daughter Malia is away at camp. They have, however, wished Obama a happy birthday on early Wednesday. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said in a press briefing, "And needless to say both those calls were the highlights of his day."
Obama was not the only person who got excited that day. Chef Graham Elliot, who was a contestant on Bravo's "Top Chef Masters", was also delighted to have Obama at his restaurant. Elliot told People, "We were humbled and honored that the president decided to join us for dinner on such a special occasion. The [restaurant] team is super-psyched we have such a foodie sitting in the White House."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!