President Obama Has Oprah Winfrey on His 49th Birthday Celebration
President Barack Obama shared his birthday with one of the most influential celebrities in the world, Oprah Winfrey. Obama, who turned 49 on Wednesday, August 4, celebrated his special day at one of his hometown's best restaurants, Graham Elliot in Chicago.
Beside having Winfrey as the company, Obama was also joined by Oprah's famous best pal Gayle King, senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and his longtime pals Eric Whittaker and Marty Nesbitt. USA Today reported that the U.S. President, who opted a dark jacket, white shirt and no tie, spent more than three hours at the restaurant and left about 10:50 P.M.
As for first lady Michelle Obama, she missed the low-key birthday party because she has been on vacation in Spain along with daughter Sasha, while daughter Malia is away at camp. They have, however, wished Obama a happy birthday on early Wednesday. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said in a press briefing, "And needless to say both those calls were the highlights of his day."
Obama was not the only person who got excited that day. Chef Graham Elliot, who was a contestant on Bravo's "Top Chef Masters", was also delighted to have Obama at his restaurant. Elliot told People, "We were humbled and honored that the president decided to join us for dinner on such a special occasion. The [restaurant] team is super-psyched we have such a foodie sitting in the White House."
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories