Kanye West Is Man of 'Power' in New Music Video
Kanye West's "Power" music video has been out right after MTV's hit reality show "Jersey Shore". Like he has warned before, it's not a music video, but a moving painting. Created by contemporary artist Marco Brambilla, it kicks off with Kanye's close-up shot.
While the painting is zoomed in to reveal the rap mogul as a man of power standing imposingly with a heavy, gold chain around his neck and being surrounded by a number of female attendants, the song is played on the background, but it only lasts around 70 seconds. After that, the painting is muted.
"I made it very clear at the beginning that I wasn't really interested if it was going to be a music video," Marco told MTV. "I wanted to do something which was more like a visual accompaniment to the track, and so it didn't really need to be any specific length and it didn't really need to be the whole song."
"It needed to kind of introduce the song in a different way and a fresh way, and I came with this continuous shot with no cuts, no lip sync, and the minute, minute and a half just ... seemed like the perfect amount of time to show a video portrait."
Kanye West himself took it to his Twitter to thank MTV for giving him another chance, especially after what he did in the past which included 2009 MTV Video Music Awards stage crash. He wrote, "Thank you MTV for letting for putting POWER right after your #1 show. IFEELTHELOVE!... and thanks for the 2nd I mean 3rd ok 4th chance!!!"
Kanye West's "Power" music video
More Kanye West News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified