'Saw 8' Is Planned, Said to Have 'Amazing Story'
It seems that Lionsgate Films is not going to end "Saw", the most successful horror franchise of all time, in foreseeable future. Despite wide belief that "Saw 3D" is the last that people will get from the film series, Betsy Russell says that there is already an idea for "Saw 8".
"Before we thought it was ending [with 'Saw VII'], the writers came up with an unbelievable idea [for 'Saw 8']," she reveals to New York Post's PopWrap. Russell, who has joined the cast of the franchise since "Saw III", further gushes, "It's an amazing story that I would love to see."
The depicter of Jill Tuck has her lips sealed when asked for details about the eighth film. However, Russell wants to tease fans by saying, "We want to end near the top, with our integrity in tact and not letting the characters die a slow death, so to speak. But I believe in my heart that someday, somehow, ['Saw 8'] will happen."
Back in February this year, co-scribe Patrick Melton hinted that "Saw 3D" which is also known as "Saw VII" will mark the end of "Saw" film series. On why filmmakers would want to end the franchise, Melton reasoned that " 'Saw VI' hasn't performed as well as we anticipated."
The seventh "Saw" movie itself will not hit theaters in the U.S. until October 29. Made in eye-popping 3-D, it will see Tobin Bell returning as serial killer John Kramer and Sean Patrick Flanery as Bobby Dagen, a self-help guru and one of Jigsaw survivors.
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name