'Saw 8' Is Planned, Said to Have 'Amazing Story'
It seems that Lionsgate Films is not going to end "Saw", the most successful horror franchise of all time, in foreseeable future. Despite wide belief that "Saw 3D" is the last that people will get from the film series, Betsy Russell says that there is already an idea for "Saw 8".
"Before we thought it was ending [with 'Saw VII'], the writers came up with an unbelievable idea [for 'Saw 8']," she reveals to New York Post's PopWrap. Russell, who has joined the cast of the franchise since "Saw III", further gushes, "It's an amazing story that I would love to see."
The depicter of Jill Tuck has her lips sealed when asked for details about the eighth film. However, Russell wants to tease fans by saying, "We want to end near the top, with our integrity in tact and not letting the characters die a slow death, so to speak. But I believe in my heart that someday, somehow, ['Saw 8'] will happen."
Back in February this year, co-scribe Patrick Melton hinted that "Saw 3D" which is also known as "Saw VII" will mark the end of "Saw" film series. On why filmmakers would want to end the franchise, Melton reasoned that " 'Saw VI' hasn't performed as well as we anticipated."
The seventh "Saw" movie itself will not hit theaters in the U.S. until October 29. Made in eye-popping 3-D, it will see Tobin Bell returning as serial killer John Kramer and Sean Patrick Flanery as Bobby Dagen, a self-help guru and one of Jigsaw survivors.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son