Two 'Green Lantern' Sequels Already Plotted for 2012 and 2013
"Green Lantern" has yet to wrap production but there is already rumor that a trilogy is planned. Bleeding Cool claims to have heard the buzz "from certain bragging production staff" that filmmakers have projected release schedules for both sequels.
"Green Lantern 2" is probably announced for either a Summer or Christmas 2012 release, "depending on where 'The Flash' movie fits in." And if the first film becomes a hit at box office like they are expecting, Warner Bros. reportedly will give a green light for the third film which is aimed for 2013 release.
Though it is still very early to talk about the follow-ups, their plans are apparently quite mature since the studio has even discussed about the shooting. The report also mentions that filmmakers are going to use current shooting location New Orleans as a stand-in for DC's Coast City in the sequel, which is going to be shot back to back with the third one.
If the report is indeed true, then Ryan Reynolds may get a problem to arrange his schedule since he is also attached to 20th Century Fox "Deadpool". In this "X-Men" spin-off, the depicter of Hal Jordan also takes the titular character.
"Green Lantern" which is directed by Martin Campbell centers its story on Hal Jordan, the alter ego of Green Lantern, who is also an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. Supported by Blake Lively, Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard on the cast ensemble, the action superhero movie is set for June 17, 2011 U.S. release.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound