Video Premiere: Eminem's 'Love the Way You Lie' Ft. Rihanna
The wait is over as Eminem's highly-anticipated music video for his duet track with Rihanna "Love the Way You Lie" is out for viewing pleasure. Featuring top-notch actors Megan Fox and Dominic Monaghan, it follows a tumultuous relationship with a lot of violent scenes.
The music video is directed by Joseph Kahn and based on the troubled relationship between Eminem and his two-time ex-wife, Kim. "[It's] essentially a look at the relationship that Eminem was in with his wife, Kim, so I kind of felt like I was playing Eminem a little bit, and Megan Fox was kind of playing Kim," Monaghan told MTV.
In order to get into his character, the "Lost" actor listened to the Slim Shady's first two albums and tried to catch whatever the rapper rapped in there. The filming was as hard as the preparation as Monaghan got a lot of bumps and bruises when shooting the violent scenes in a bid to "explain that this was a relationship that is by no means ideal and a relationship that probably should have ended a lot sooner than it did."
Beside getting physical with Fox, Monaghan also filmed make-out scenes with the "Jonah Hex" actress, but it doesn't mean that they approve abusive relationship. In fact, they want to emphasize that things can turn ugly in a flash. "There's nothing sexy or cool or fun about being in a violent relationship," he said. "Whether it's her being violent to you or you being violent to her ... violence both ways or any kind of destructive relationship is something you should probably get out of."
For Rihanna herself who was involved in an altercation with her then-boyfriend Chris Brown, the song is something she needed to do because she "connected" to it. She explained to Access Hollywood, "It's something that, you know, we've both experienced... on different sides, different ends of the table. He (Eminem) pretty much just broke down the cycle of domestic violence and it's something that people don't have a lot of insight on."
In addition to help stop domestic violence, the filming of this music video has also raised money to benefit battered women. Fox donated fee she got from appearing in this upcoming clip to Sojourn House, a shelter for abused women. Sojourn provides battered women and their children a safe space to regroup, rebuild, and reestablish their self-esteem and lives.
More Eminem News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!