First Look at Philip Seymour Hoffman in Brad Pitt's 'Moneyball'
Several images from the set of "Moneyball" have been shared on the film's Facebook page. Among those pics, there is a photo that gives the first look at Philip Seymour Hoffman as Oakland A's manager Art Howe. Sitting next to other members of the team, the actor is featured donning Athletics jacket and cap matched with white pants and sneakers in the shot.
Brad Pitt, who had been spotted earlier during the film's production, has been pictured on the set in Oakland, California on Thursday morning, August 5. Sporting a formal outfit, the "Ocean's Eleven" star who shaved his beard to portray the general manager of the Oakland Athletics in the upcoming movie was seen getting a visit from Angelina Jolie and their children.
"Moneyball" is a movie adaptation of Michael Lewis' book "Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game." The film will center its story on Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane who used a sophisticated computer analysis system to piece together a team that regularly contended for the World Series despite a payroll dramatically lower than such big-market rivals as the New York Yankees.
Other cast members include Jonah Hill and Robin Wright Penn. Bennett Miller tackles the helming duty for the drama while Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz and Scott Rudin team up to produce it. The film is targeted for 2011 release but has not got a release date.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation