Justin Bieber to Be Honored at Variety's Power of Youth
After becoming an early winner at 2010 Teen Choice Awards, Justin Bieber will be handed with another trophy. The 16-year-old pop sensation is set to receive an honor at Variety's fourth Power of Youth event for his work with Pencils of Promise, a philanthropic organization that works with local communities to build schools and increase educational opportunities worldwide.
Variety reported that Bieber is the first of five honorees to be named this year. The "Somebody to Love" singer will receive the honor on the Paramount Studios backlot in Hollywood on October 24. Past honorees include Keke Palmer, Jesse McCartney, Corbin Bleu, AnnaLynne McCord and Miranda Cosgrove.
Variety's Power of Youth has generated more than $2 million in contributions distributed across 15 charities. Variety publisher Brian Gott said, "Variety is the perfect platform to be a catalyst for social awareness. We reach a community of the most creative, thoughtful and generous minds on the planet, and we need to use this extraordinary brand to give a voice to philanthropic efforts that we feel need to be heard."
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'