Justin Bieber to Be Honored at Variety's Power of Youth
After becoming an early winner at 2010 Teen Choice Awards, Justin Bieber will be handed with another trophy. The 16-year-old pop sensation is set to receive an honor at Variety's fourth Power of Youth event for his work with Pencils of Promise, a philanthropic organization that works with local communities to build schools and increase educational opportunities worldwide.
Variety reported that Bieber is the first of five honorees to be named this year. The "Somebody to Love" singer will receive the honor on the Paramount Studios backlot in Hollywood on October 24. Past honorees include Keke Palmer, Jesse McCartney, Corbin Bleu, AnnaLynne McCord and Miranda Cosgrove.
Variety's Power of Youth has generated more than $2 million in contributions distributed across 15 charities. Variety publisher Brian Gott said, "Variety is the perfect platform to be a catalyst for social awareness. We reach a community of the most creative, thoughtful and generous minds on the planet, and we need to use this extraordinary brand to give a voice to philanthropic efforts that we feel need to be heard."
More Justin Bieber News
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos