Justin Bieber to Be Honored at Variety's Power of Youth
After becoming an early winner at 2010 Teen Choice Awards, Justin Bieber will be handed with another trophy. The 16-year-old pop sensation is set to receive an honor at Variety's fourth Power of Youth event for his work with Pencils of Promise, a philanthropic organization that works with local communities to build schools and increase educational opportunities worldwide.
Variety reported that Bieber is the first of five honorees to be named this year. The "Somebody to Love" singer will receive the honor on the Paramount Studios backlot in Hollywood on October 24. Past honorees include Keke Palmer, Jesse McCartney, Corbin Bleu, AnnaLynne McCord and Miranda Cosgrove.
Variety's Power of Youth has generated more than $2 million in contributions distributed across 15 charities. Variety publisher Brian Gott said, "Variety is the perfect platform to be a catalyst for social awareness. We reach a community of the most creative, thoughtful and generous minds on the planet, and we need to use this extraordinary brand to give a voice to philanthropic efforts that we feel need to be heard."
More Justin Bieber News
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?