Justin Bieber to Be Honored at Variety's Power of Youth
After becoming an early winner at 2010 Teen Choice Awards, Justin Bieber will be handed with another trophy. The 16-year-old pop sensation is set to receive an honor at Variety's fourth Power of Youth event for his work with Pencils of Promise, a philanthropic organization that works with local communities to build schools and increase educational opportunities worldwide.
Variety reported that Bieber is the first of five honorees to be named this year. The "Somebody to Love" singer will receive the honor on the Paramount Studios backlot in Hollywood on October 24. Past honorees include Keke Palmer, Jesse McCartney, Corbin Bleu, AnnaLynne McCord and Miranda Cosgrove.
Variety's Power of Youth has generated more than $2 million in contributions distributed across 15 charities. Variety publisher Brian Gott said, "Variety is the perfect platform to be a catalyst for social awareness. We reach a community of the most creative, thoughtful and generous minds on the planet, and we need to use this extraordinary brand to give a voice to philanthropic efforts that we feel need to be heard."
More Justin Bieber News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers