Janelle Monae Debuts Music Video for 'Cold War'
Janelle Monae has unveiled a music video to promote "Cold War", the latest single from her debut album "The ArchAndroid". Making its way out via Pitchfork, the video directed by Wendy Morgan puts the focus on her close-up performance.
" 'Cold War' reveals what 'The ArchAndroid' looks like," she explained to Rap-Up. "[The video] deals with a psychosis - you're in my mind and you get a chance to understand Metropolis, where it all stemmed [from] and my thoughts. It's very psychedelic and trippy."
The video was filmed back to back with "Tightrope" clip which is nominated as Best Choreography at 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. She said, "I shot them in two days. I did 'Tightrope' first and 'Cold War' the next day."
"Both of them are very touching. I remember crying during 'Cold War' [on the] first take. I didn't know how that happened but it just did. I was very moved by that. It was really a special moment; then everybody else started to cry."
More Janelle Monae News
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards