Janelle Monae Debuts Music Video for 'Cold War'
Janelle Monae has unveiled a music video to promote "Cold War", the latest single from her debut album "The ArchAndroid". Making its way out via Pitchfork, the video directed by Wendy Morgan puts the focus on her close-up performance.
" 'Cold War' reveals what 'The ArchAndroid' looks like," she explained to Rap-Up. "[The video] deals with a psychosis - you're in my mind and you get a chance to understand Metropolis, where it all stemmed [from] and my thoughts. It's very psychedelic and trippy."
The video was filmed back to back with "Tightrope" clip which is nominated as Best Choreography at 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. She said, "I shot them in two days. I did 'Tightrope' first and 'Cold War' the next day."
"Both of them are very touching. I remember crying during 'Cold War' [on the] first take. I didn't know how that happened but it just did. I was very moved by that. It was really a special moment; then everybody else started to cry."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce