Janelle Monae Debuts Music Video for 'Cold War'
Janelle Monae has unveiled a music video to promote "Cold War", the latest single from her debut album "The ArchAndroid". Making its way out via Pitchfork, the video directed by Wendy Morgan puts the focus on her close-up performance.
" 'Cold War' reveals what 'The ArchAndroid' looks like," she explained to Rap-Up. "[The video] deals with a psychosis - you're in my mind and you get a chance to understand Metropolis, where it all stemmed [from] and my thoughts. It's very psychedelic and trippy."
The video was filmed back to back with "Tightrope" clip which is nominated as Best Choreography at 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. She said, "I shot them in two days. I did 'Tightrope' first and 'Cold War' the next day."
"Both of them are very touching. I remember crying during 'Cold War' [on the] first take. I didn't know how that happened but it just did. I was very moved by that. It was really a special moment; then everybody else started to cry."
Janelle Monae's "Cold War" music video
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!