Janelle Monae Debuts Music Video for 'Cold War'
Janelle Monae has unveiled a music video to promote "Cold War", the latest single from her debut album "The ArchAndroid". Making its way out via Pitchfork, the video directed by Wendy Morgan puts the focus on her close-up performance.
" 'Cold War' reveals what 'The ArchAndroid' looks like," she explained to Rap-Up. "[The video] deals with a psychosis - you're in my mind and you get a chance to understand Metropolis, where it all stemmed [from] and my thoughts. It's very psychedelic and trippy."
The video was filmed back to back with "Tightrope" clip which is nominated as Best Choreography at 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. She said, "I shot them in two days. I did 'Tightrope' first and 'Cold War' the next day."
"Both of them are very touching. I remember crying during 'Cold War' [on the] first take. I didn't know how that happened but it just did. I was very moved by that. It was really a special moment; then everybody else started to cry."
More Janelle Monae News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers