Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn's Divorce Finalized
Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn are now officially free to wed others as their divorce has been finalized in July, putting an end to the couple's 14-year marriage, People reported. According to court papers filed on July 22 in Marin County, California, the then-couple has reached a private agreement on child support, spousal support, split of assets and custody over their son, Hopper Jack.
Sean and Robin's marriage has been an on/off affair. In December 2007, the two worked on legal separation proceedings only to call it off four months later. Sean then filed for divorce in April 2009 but again, he and Robin reunited in May. Later, in August the same year, Robin filed a divorce paper and insisted that she has no plan to reconcile.
The marriage was the second time for both Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn. Sean previously wed pop star Madonna in 1985 and got divorced four years later, while, from 1986 to 1988, Robin was married to actor Dane Witherspoon. Sean and Robin got hitched in 1996 and have two kids together, 19-year-old daughter Dylan Frances and 16-year-old son Hopper Jack.
More Sean Penn News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event