Jane Lynch 'Thrilled' at Getting Carol Burnett as Mom on 'Glee'
Carol Burnett is paying "Glee" a visit this Fall as Sue Sylvester's "Nazi-hunting" mother. The legendary comedienne will be featured in an episode which airs either October or November. Sue described her parents as adventurous in the first season, but EW said that it is only mom who stops by. If it's a family reunion then Robin Trocki is also expected to reprise her role as Sue's sister.
Jane Lynch who plays Sue has expressed her excitement over the casting at the unveiling of her wax statue on Wednesday, August 4. "I'm thrilled!" she said while talking to E! Online. "I love her. It would just be awesome if we did a song together!"
Lynch admitted to have been a fan of Burnett since "The Carol Burnett Show" in the '70s. "She's probably my first influence," Lynch revealed. "I watched her show every Saturday night as a kid. My brother and I would act out some of the scenes. This is before VCRs, that's how old I am, We would actually tape record on an old tape recorder so we would listen to the skits. We just loved the show."
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army