Jane Lynch 'Thrilled' at Getting Carol Burnett as Mom on 'Glee'
Carol Burnett is paying "Glee" a visit this Fall as Sue Sylvester's "Nazi-hunting" mother. The legendary comedienne will be featured in an episode which airs either October or November. Sue described her parents as adventurous in the first season, but EW said that it is only mom who stops by. If it's a family reunion then Robin Trocki is also expected to reprise her role as Sue's sister.
Jane Lynch who plays Sue has expressed her excitement over the casting at the unveiling of her wax statue on Wednesday, August 4. "I'm thrilled!" she said while talking to E! Online. "I love her. It would just be awesome if we did a song together!"
Lynch admitted to have been a fan of Burnett since "The Carol Burnett Show" in the '70s. "She's probably my first influence," Lynch revealed. "I watched her show every Saturday night as a kid. My brother and I would act out some of the scenes. This is before VCRs, that's how old I am, We would actually tape record on an old tape recorder so we would listen to the skits. We just loved the show."
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo