Jane Lynch 'Thrilled' at Getting Carol Burnett as Mom on 'Glee'
Carol Burnett is paying "Glee" a visit this Fall as Sue Sylvester's "Nazi-hunting" mother. The legendary comedienne will be featured in an episode which airs either October or November. Sue described her parents as adventurous in the first season, but EW said that it is only mom who stops by. If it's a family reunion then Robin Trocki is also expected to reprise her role as Sue's sister.
Jane Lynch who plays Sue has expressed her excitement over the casting at the unveiling of her wax statue on Wednesday, August 4. "I'm thrilled!" she said while talking to E! Online. "I love her. It would just be awesome if we did a song together!"
Lynch admitted to have been a fan of Burnett since "The Carol Burnett Show" in the '70s. "She's probably my first influence," Lynch revealed. "I watched her show every Saturday night as a kid. My brother and I would act out some of the scenes. This is before VCRs, that's how old I am, We would actually tape record on an old tape recorder so we would listen to the skits. We just loved the show."
More Glee News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce