Jane Lynch 'Thrilled' at Getting Carol Burnett as Mom on 'Glee'
Carol Burnett is paying "Glee" a visit this Fall as Sue Sylvester's "Nazi-hunting" mother. The legendary comedienne will be featured in an episode which airs either October or November. Sue described her parents as adventurous in the first season, but EW said that it is only mom who stops by. If it's a family reunion then Robin Trocki is also expected to reprise her role as Sue's sister.
Jane Lynch who plays Sue has expressed her excitement over the casting at the unveiling of her wax statue on Wednesday, August 4. "I'm thrilled!" she said while talking to E! Online. "I love her. It would just be awesome if we did a song together!"
Lynch admitted to have been a fan of Burnett since "The Carol Burnett Show" in the '70s. "She's probably my first influence," Lynch revealed. "I watched her show every Saturday night as a kid. My brother and I would act out some of the scenes. This is before VCRs, that's how old I am, We would actually tape record on an old tape recorder so we would listen to the skits. We just loved the show."
More Glee News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'