Jane Lynch 'Thrilled' at Getting Carol Burnett as Mom on 'Glee'
Carol Burnett is paying "Glee" a visit this Fall as Sue Sylvester's "Nazi-hunting" mother. The legendary comedienne will be featured in an episode which airs either October or November. Sue described her parents as adventurous in the first season, but EW said that it is only mom who stops by. If it's a family reunion then Robin Trocki is also expected to reprise her role as Sue's sister.
Jane Lynch who plays Sue has expressed her excitement over the casting at the unveiling of her wax statue on Wednesday, August 4. "I'm thrilled!" she said while talking to E! Online. "I love her. It would just be awesome if we did a song together!"
Lynch admitted to have been a fan of Burnett since "The Carol Burnett Show" in the '70s. "She's probably my first influence," Lynch revealed. "I watched her show every Saturday night as a kid. My brother and I would act out some of the scenes. This is before VCRs, that's how old I am, We would actually tape record on an old tape recorder so we would listen to the skits. We just loved the show."
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?