Taylor Swift's 'Happy Ending' Single 'Mine' Arrives Early
Taylor Swift's brand new single "Mine" which was supposed to be unveiled on August 16 has made its way out early. Some radio stations across the country actually have been given a first listen to the track last week and it now can be downloaded on iTunes.
Serving as the lead single for Swift's October 25 release "Speak Now", the song narrates about a rocky relationship which survives the worse and then ends happily ever after. It is written by herself and explains her "tendency to run from love."
First, Swift sings about her worries of embarking on a relationship since she thinks love "never lasts." Then, she recalls the moment she falls for her love interest which is played by Toby Hemingway in the upcoming music video.
"Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?/ You put your arm around me for the first time/ You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter/ You are the best thing that's ever been mine," the 20-year-old country music singer sings on the chorus.
But, the smile is quickly replaced by tears when the two are involved in a fight. "You said everything was slipping right out of our hands/ I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street/ Brace myself for the goodbye/ Because it's all I've ever known."
In the end, "You took me by surprise/ You said, 'I'll never leave you alone'," Swift sings. The happy ending is captured in a form of a scene where she walks down the aisle with her nameless lover in the forthcoming music video.
Taylor Swift has secretly taped a performance for TV special "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock," singing the new track. Hosted by Tim McGraw, the gig is set to air on September 1 on ABC with Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley and Reba McEntire on the line-up.
More Taylor Swift News
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments