Taylor Swift's 'Happy Ending' Single 'Mine' Arrives Early
Taylor Swift's brand new single "Mine" which was supposed to be unveiled on August 16 has made its way out early. Some radio stations across the country actually have been given a first listen to the track last week and it now can be downloaded on iTunes.
Serving as the lead single for Swift's October 25 release "Speak Now", the song narrates about a rocky relationship which survives the worse and then ends happily ever after. It is written by herself and explains her "tendency to run from love."
First, Swift sings about her worries of embarking on a relationship since she thinks love "never lasts." Then, she recalls the moment she falls for her love interest which is played by Toby Hemingway in the upcoming music video.
"Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?/ You put your arm around me for the first time/ You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter/ You are the best thing that's ever been mine," the 20-year-old country music singer sings on the chorus.
But, the smile is quickly replaced by tears when the two are involved in a fight. "You said everything was slipping right out of our hands/ I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street/ Brace myself for the goodbye/ Because it's all I've ever known."
In the end, "You took me by surprise/ You said, 'I'll never leave you alone'," Swift sings. The happy ending is captured in a form of a scene where she walks down the aisle with her nameless lover in the forthcoming music video.
Taylor Swift has secretly taped a performance for TV special "CMA Music Festival: Country's Night to Rock," singing the new track. Hosted by Tim McGraw, the gig is set to air on September 1 on ABC with Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley and Reba McEntire on the line-up.
More Taylor Swift News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!