Miranda Lambert Debuts Music Video for 'Only Prettier'
Miranda Lambert straps her guitar and performs as a house band in a music video for her latest single "Only Prettier". She brings in fellow country music musicians such as Kellie Pickler, Laura Bell Bundy and Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott for cameos.
Directed by Trey Fanjoy, the video was shot against a 1950's rockabilly backdrop at a middle school gymnasium in Joelton, TN. The girls play "two rival cliques of girls" when walking into a high school sock hop, but put aside their difference at the end of the party.
"To me, 'Only Prettier' is an anthem," Lambert said. "It's my own anthem, and I want girls to have their fists in the air singing 'Only Prettier.' It's antagonistic, in a fun way, and I loved the attitude behind it. It kind of fools you, because it's got this really country, laid-back intro, but then it's balls to the wall the rest of the way."
Described as a "tongue-in-cheek commentary about mean-girl cattiness," the song is taken from Miranda Lambert's 2009 studio album "Revolution".
Miranda Lambert's "Only Prettier" music video
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March