Miranda Lambert Debuts Music Video for 'Only Prettier'
Miranda Lambert straps her guitar and performs as a house band in a music video for her latest single "Only Prettier". She brings in fellow country music musicians such as Kellie Pickler, Laura Bell Bundy and Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott for cameos.
Directed by Trey Fanjoy, the video was shot against a 1950's rockabilly backdrop at a middle school gymnasium in Joelton, TN. The girls play "two rival cliques of girls" when walking into a high school sock hop, but put aside their difference at the end of the party.
"To me, 'Only Prettier' is an anthem," Lambert said. "It's my own anthem, and I want girls to have their fists in the air singing 'Only Prettier.' It's antagonistic, in a fun way, and I loved the attitude behind it. It kind of fools you, because it's got this really country, laid-back intro, but then it's balls to the wall the rest of the way."
Described as a "tongue-in-cheek commentary about mean-girl cattiness," the song is taken from Miranda Lambert's 2009 studio album "Revolution".
More Miranda Lambert News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group