Miranda Lambert Debuts Music Video for 'Only Prettier'
Miranda Lambert straps her guitar and performs as a house band in a music video for her latest single "Only Prettier". She brings in fellow country music musicians such as Kellie Pickler, Laura Bell Bundy and Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott for cameos.
Directed by Trey Fanjoy, the video was shot against a 1950's rockabilly backdrop at a middle school gymnasium in Joelton, TN. The girls play "two rival cliques of girls" when walking into a high school sock hop, but put aside their difference at the end of the party.
"To me, 'Only Prettier' is an anthem," Lambert said. "It's my own anthem, and I want girls to have their fists in the air singing 'Only Prettier.' It's antagonistic, in a fun way, and I loved the attitude behind it. It kind of fools you, because it's got this really country, laid-back intro, but then it's balls to the wall the rest of the way."
Described as a "tongue-in-cheek commentary about mean-girl cattiness," the song is taken from Miranda Lambert's 2009 studio album "Revolution".
Miranda Lambert's "Only Prettier" music video
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'