Miranda Lambert Debuts Music Video for 'Only Prettier'
Miranda Lambert straps her guitar and performs as a house band in a music video for her latest single "Only Prettier". She brings in fellow country music musicians such as Kellie Pickler, Laura Bell Bundy and Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott for cameos.
Directed by Trey Fanjoy, the video was shot against a 1950's rockabilly backdrop at a middle school gymnasium in Joelton, TN. The girls play "two rival cliques of girls" when walking into a high school sock hop, but put aside their difference at the end of the party.
"To me, 'Only Prettier' is an anthem," Lambert said. "It's my own anthem, and I want girls to have their fists in the air singing 'Only Prettier.' It's antagonistic, in a fun way, and I loved the attitude behind it. It kind of fools you, because it's got this really country, laid-back intro, but then it's balls to the wall the rest of the way."
Described as a "tongue-in-cheek commentary about mean-girl cattiness," the song is taken from Miranda Lambert's 2009 studio album "Revolution".
Miranda Lambert's "Only Prettier" music video
More Miranda Lambert News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story