'Glee' Creator Slams 'Modern Family' for Non-Kissing Couple
Creator of "Glee", Ryan Murphy, is opening eyes and ears for other shows too and even criticizing it. The openly gay producer recently dissed on one particular show which did not allow its gay characters to show affection for one whole season.
"I hate it on TV shows, and there's one show that I won't name right now, where it's like 'Why aren't these character kissing? Don't they have a child?' That's ridiculous to me. I don't understand it," Murphy said. For those who keep track of television world, they would know instantly that Murphy was referring to ABC's "Modern Family".
The sitcom which has a homosexual couple, Mitchell and Cameron, already sparked outrage among its fans when an episode showed them hugging instead of kissing while the heterosexual couple kissed. A Facebook campaign to get them showing a little passion in the season 2 was quick to be set up and it gained more than 13,500 followers so far.
"If I did it on my show, I would just have them do it in every scene and not have a big deal about it," Murphy who didn't mention the show continued. "I don't think that you have to announce a very special episode. Weren't they doing it back on 'Roseanne'? It is just so outdated and archaic to me and as a gay man, I would never do that. I would make it very organic and do it several times and not make it a stunt."
"Glee" itself has been very open in the issue of homosexuality through its character Kurt. The musical show airing on FOX will soon explore a girl on girl kiss in season two between Santana and Brittany. "I'm directing the episode where they're going to kiss a couple of times. The key is to do it a couple times so it doesn't seem forced," Murphy said.
More Modern Family News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!