'Law and Order: CI' in Limbo, Jeff Goldblum Quits
In what seems like a deja vu, "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" is going through another major casting change. Jeff Goldblum, through his representatives, announced that he is not returning to the USA network show as Detective Zach Nichols. The actors consideration indeed expired on July 31 after a month of extension from June.
Goldblum did not release a statement to Variety but said that his departure is not a negotiating tactic. Although an option is left open for him to come back, the actor is firm on leaving the show which future is still uncertain. Deadline said the leave has also something to do with the actor switching agent from Gersh to CAA.
USA and Dick Wolf's Wolf Films apparently blessed Goldblum's decision for the parting is said to be "amicable". The actor is now keeping himself busy with the acting stint in Neil Simon's "The Prisoner of Second Avenue" at London's Old Vic.
Goldblum is the replacement of Chris Noth in the seventh season. He went on being the lead male star after Vincent D'Onofrio decided to quit last Fall. There is a rumor that D'Onofrio is asked to come back if the tenth season will be the final one.
The ninth season of "Law & Order: CI" ended in July but the network is yet to give confirmation whether there will be a tenth season, mainly because rating has been declining over the years. The options beside a full-episode pickup are two-season pickup and partial season pickup. USA reportedly will make its decision in the next few days.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?