Forbes Names Sandra Bullock Hollywood's Highest-Paid Actress
Sandra Bullock's personal life might be going up and down but turns out, not financially. The 46-year-old actress has been named Hollywood's highest-paid actress by Forbes magazine, which revealed the list on Tuesday, August 3, with an estimated $56 million in earnings from June 2009 to June 2010.
Bullock, who also sat in number eight on Forbes' 100 most powerful celebrities, was named the highest paid actress of the past 12 months for her romantic comedy "The Proposal", which grossed $320 million at the box office, and "The Blind Side", which scored an impressive $310 million. And according to Forbes, Bullock not only received a fee for acting, but also participated in the profits.
Tied for the No. 2 spot were Reese Witherspoon and Cameron Diaz, who both made $32 million each. Witherspoon made it close to the top thanks to upfront pay from her two movies, "How Do You Know" and "Water for Elephants". She also earns as an "ambassador" for Avon. Meanwhile, Diaz got her earnings from her new project "Knight & Day" and she will also be able to count "Shrek" money well into her retirement years.
Rounding up the top five were Jennifer Aniston, who came in at fourth place with $27 million, and "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker who raked in $25 million. Julia Roberts and Angelina Jolie also made spot on the list each with $20 million, followed by Drew Barrymore, Meryl Streep and Kristen Stewart.
Hollywood's Highest-Paid Actresses by Forbes magazine:
- Sandra Bullock - $56 million
- Reese Witherspoon - $32 million (Tie)
- Cameron Diaz - $32 million (Tie)
- Jennifer Aniston - $27 million
- Sarah Jessica Parker - $25 million
- Julia Roberts - $20 million
- Angelina Jolie - $20 million
- Drew Barrymore - $15 million
- Meryl Streep - $13 million
- Kristen Stewart - $12 million
More Sandra Bullock News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video