Forbes Names Sandra Bullock Hollywood's Highest-Paid Actress
Sandra Bullock's personal life might be going up and down but turns out, not financially. The 46-year-old actress has been named Hollywood's highest-paid actress by Forbes magazine, which revealed the list on Tuesday, August 3, with an estimated $56 million in earnings from June 2009 to June 2010.
Bullock, who also sat in number eight on Forbes' 100 most powerful celebrities, was named the highest paid actress of the past 12 months for her romantic comedy "The Proposal", which grossed $320 million at the box office, and "The Blind Side", which scored an impressive $310 million. And according to Forbes, Bullock not only received a fee for acting, but also participated in the profits.
Tied for the No. 2 spot were Reese Witherspoon and Cameron Diaz, who both made $32 million each. Witherspoon made it close to the top thanks to upfront pay from her two movies, "How Do You Know" and "Water for Elephants". She also earns as an "ambassador" for Avon. Meanwhile, Diaz got her earnings from her new project "Knight & Day" and she will also be able to count "Shrek" money well into her retirement years.
Rounding up the top five were Jennifer Aniston, who came in at fourth place with $27 million, and "Sex and the City" star Sarah Jessica Parker who raked in $25 million. Julia Roberts and Angelina Jolie also made spot on the list each with $20 million, followed by Drew Barrymore, Meryl Streep and Kristen Stewart.
Hollywood's Highest-Paid Actresses by Forbes magazine:
- Sandra Bullock - $56 million
- Reese Witherspoon - $32 million (Tie)
- Cameron Diaz - $32 million (Tie)
- Jennifer Aniston - $27 million
- Sarah Jessica Parker - $25 million
- Julia Roberts - $20 million
- Angelina Jolie - $20 million
- Drew Barrymore - $15 million
- Meryl Streep - $13 million
- Kristen Stewart - $12 million
More Sandra Bullock News
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen