Guillermo del Toro's 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' Gets Haunting Teaser Trailer
"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" which comes from the hand of Guillermo del Toro has been previewed in a teaser trailer which is debuted by IGN. The first few seconds of the video only feature black shot with voice saying that there's nothing to be worried about in the dark. The statement, however, is in contrary to what is seen in the rest of the teaser since it features creepy things which threaten the human.
The film itself centers its story on a family living in a 19th-century mansion, which they are renovating, when young Sally unwittingly lets loose a race of ancient, dark-dwelling creatures who conspire to drag her down into the mysterious house's bottomless depths. She must convince Alex and Kim that it's not a fantasy-before the evil lurking in the dark consumes them all.
Bailee Madison stars as the young girl, Sally, with Guy Pearce and Katie Holmes playing Alex and Kim respectively. Guillermo del Toro produces it alongside Mark Johnson and teams up with Matthew Robbins to write the script. Serving as helmer, meanwhile, is Troy Nixey. This R-rated horror thriller is set to haunt theaters across the nation starting January 21, 2011.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?