Guillermo del Toro's 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' Gets Haunting Teaser Trailer
"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" which comes from the hand of Guillermo del Toro has been previewed in a teaser trailer which is debuted by IGN. The first few seconds of the video only feature black shot with voice saying that there's nothing to be worried about in the dark. The statement, however, is in contrary to what is seen in the rest of the teaser since it features creepy things which threaten the human.
The film itself centers its story on a family living in a 19th-century mansion, which they are renovating, when young Sally unwittingly lets loose a race of ancient, dark-dwelling creatures who conspire to drag her down into the mysterious house's bottomless depths. She must convince Alex and Kim that it's not a fantasy-before the evil lurking in the dark consumes them all.
Bailee Madison stars as the young girl, Sally, with Guy Pearce and Katie Holmes playing Alex and Kim respectively. Guillermo del Toro produces it alongside Mark Johnson and teams up with Matthew Robbins to write the script. Serving as helmer, meanwhile, is Troy Nixey. This R-rated horror thriller is set to haunt theaters across the nation starting January 21, 2011.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story