Coming Ahead on 'Glee': Susan Boyle and Paul McCartney
Co-creator of "Glee", Ryan Murphy, had once revealed his guests wish list which includes Susan Boyle. Murphy has just got his dream come true for he struck a deal with the sensational singer to appear as a high school lunch lady in a Christmas-themed episode.
Murphy confirmed the details at FOX's Television Critics Association presentation on Monday, August 2. "Susan is on the same label as us. I guess she's a fan of the show," he said. "She's coming out with a Christmas album, so the story I want to do for our Christmas episode is have Kurt give her some sort of fantastic makeover and have her sing a song from her album on the show. She'll be playing a character."
On another note, Murphy confirmed that she would not sing "I Dreamed a Dream" which catapulted Boyle to success. "We did that song already. I don't think I'll give her monologues and arias, but she's a character and I love what she represents. I think what she represents is what the show represents. I'll ask her, 'What are you comfortable doing?'," Murphy said.
Beside Boyle, fans can also expect a Paul McCartney episode. The Beatle will not appear in an episode but his music will. "I received some fantastic mixed tapes from Paul McCartney a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was being punked!," Murphy gushed.
"It came out of blue in a package, handwritten, and it had two CDs and it said 'Hi Ryan, I hope you will consider some of these songs for 'Glee' ..I had heard that he is a fan of the show. I was gob-smacked ... so of course we are going to do something with him."
"Glee" returns September 21 on FOX. Murphy said the sophomore season will focus on minor characters such as Tina, Kurt's father, and Brittany.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism