Drake Rocks Inaugural OVO Festival With Jay-Z and Eminem
When Drake said last month that his first OVO Festival would be a "magical" night, he didn't tell a lie. Taking place at his hometown of Toronto, Canada on August 1, the gig which doubled as part of his Away From Home tour was a star-studded one with the likes of Rick Ross, Kardinal Offishall, Fabolous, Bun B and Young Jeezy lined up as guests.
Coming onto the stage unexpectedly was Eminem who accompanied Drake for a live performance of "Forever". The crowd cheered in approval as the Slim Shady who rocked all-back ensemble spat his verses. The other collaborators Kanye West and Lil Wayne couldn't attend the event.
Eminem's appearance was brief, making people craving for more. But Drake had another surprise that night. Kanye's "Power" was played, leading people to think the outspoken MC would take the stage. "I wanna pay respect to the people that inspired me that couldn't be here," Drake said before asking the DJ to "play something else."
Later, Drake invited Jay-Z to join him, saying "Gimme something from a man who's inspired me more than anybody else in my f**king life." The Rock Nation founder was more than happy when he gave people "the anthem they deserve" that night, "Run This Town".
More Drake News
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video