Linkin Park's New Single 'The Catalyst' Unveiled
"The Catalyst", the first offering from Linkin Park's upcoming effort "A Thousand Suns", has been unleashed. Beside serving as the lead single from the new album which is due September 14 in United States, the synth-rock jam is also featured in video game Medal of Honor.
Medal of Honor is an Electronic Arts war video game created by famed director Steven Spielberg. Of Linkin Park's involvement in the project, the band's member DJ Joe Hahn said, "The opportunity to help introduce 'The Catalyst' via the new Medal of Honor game creates a new bond between EA, our fans, and the band's overall vision for the new digital frontier."
Last month, Linkin Park held an online contest to give fans a "one-of-a-kind opportunity" to be featured in their album by requiring them to remix "some audio" from the new track. This band have received many entries and thanked fans for that, "We were blown away by the quality of entries, and the excitement by artists and fans alike."
The winner of the competition is NoBraiN, an English teacher from Swidnica, Poland who "was freaking out" when hearing the news from Mike Shinoda via a live chat on Skype. The original version of "The Catalyst" and the NoBraiN remix are now made available for free stream on the band's MySpace.
Medal of Honor trailer:
More Linkin Park News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel