Linkin Park's New Single 'The Catalyst' Unveiled
"The Catalyst", the first offering from Linkin Park's upcoming effort "A Thousand Suns", has been unleashed. Beside serving as the lead single from the new album which is due September 14 in United States, the synth-rock jam is also featured in video game Medal of Honor.
Medal of Honor is an Electronic Arts war video game created by famed director Steven Spielberg. Of Linkin Park's involvement in the project, the band's member DJ Joe Hahn said, "The opportunity to help introduce 'The Catalyst' via the new Medal of Honor game creates a new bond between EA, our fans, and the band's overall vision for the new digital frontier."
Last month, Linkin Park held an online contest to give fans a "one-of-a-kind opportunity" to be featured in their album by requiring them to remix "some audio" from the new track. This band have received many entries and thanked fans for that, "We were blown away by the quality of entries, and the excitement by artists and fans alike."
The winner of the competition is NoBraiN, an English teacher from Swidnica, Poland who "was freaking out" when hearing the news from Mike Shinoda via a live chat on Skype. The original version of "The Catalyst" and the NoBraiN remix are now made available for free stream on the band's MySpace.
Medal of Honor trailer:
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March