Linkin Park's New Single 'The Catalyst' Unveiled
"The Catalyst", the first offering from Linkin Park's upcoming effort "A Thousand Suns", has been unleashed. Beside serving as the lead single from the new album which is due September 14 in United States, the synth-rock jam is also featured in video game Medal of Honor.
Medal of Honor is an Electronic Arts war video game created by famed director Steven Spielberg. Of Linkin Park's involvement in the project, the band's member DJ Joe Hahn said, "The opportunity to help introduce 'The Catalyst' via the new Medal of Honor game creates a new bond between EA, our fans, and the band's overall vision for the new digital frontier."
Last month, Linkin Park held an online contest to give fans a "one-of-a-kind opportunity" to be featured in their album by requiring them to remix "some audio" from the new track. This band have received many entries and thanked fans for that, "We were blown away by the quality of entries, and the excitement by artists and fans alike."
The winner of the competition is NoBraiN, an English teacher from Swidnica, Poland who "was freaking out" when hearing the news from Mike Shinoda via a live chat on Skype. The original version of "The Catalyst" and the NoBraiN remix are now made available for free stream on the band's MySpace.
Medal of Honor trailer:
More Linkin Park News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names