Confirmed, Nicolas Cage Walks Off 'Trespass' Two Weeks Before Shooting
Nicolas Cage has left "Trespass" in lurch. Deadline Hollywood first breaks the story which is later confirmed by Millennium Films via Entertainment Weekly. The star bails on the upcoming project before the movie is set to begin production in Louisiana in just two weeks.
According to Deadline, Cage has been on vacation in the Bahamas and nobody can reach him. Insiders say he is not coming back for the project and Millennium will move forward without him. The studio also plans to keep the film on schedule though they have not found a suitable replacement.
Cage was supposed to play one of two thieves who take a couple hostage in hopes of earning some easy money. Nicole Kidman is set to play the wife. The role of the husband, which was initially going to Cage before he opted to play the thief, has been offered to Liev Schreiber but he has not accepted yet. Joel Schumacher is attached to direct the action adventure flick.
It is not clear why Cage decides to back out of "Trespass" but his departure comes on the heel of the failure of his latest movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". His representative still could not be reached for comment.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle