Confirmed, Nicolas Cage Walks Off 'Trespass' Two Weeks Before Shooting
Nicolas Cage has left "Trespass" in lurch. Deadline Hollywood first breaks the story which is later confirmed by Millennium Films via Entertainment Weekly. The star bails on the upcoming project before the movie is set to begin production in Louisiana in just two weeks.
According to Deadline, Cage has been on vacation in the Bahamas and nobody can reach him. Insiders say he is not coming back for the project and Millennium will move forward without him. The studio also plans to keep the film on schedule though they have not found a suitable replacement.
Cage was supposed to play one of two thieves who take a couple hostage in hopes of earning some easy money. Nicole Kidman is set to play the wife. The role of the husband, which was initially going to Cage before he opted to play the thief, has been offered to Liev Schreiber but he has not accepted yet. Joel Schumacher is attached to direct the action adventure flick.
It is not clear why Cage decides to back out of "Trespass" but his departure comes on the heel of the failure of his latest movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". His representative still could not be reached for comment.
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist