Confirmed, Nicolas Cage Walks Off 'Trespass' Two Weeks Before Shooting
Nicolas Cage has left "Trespass" in lurch. Deadline Hollywood first breaks the story which is later confirmed by Millennium Films via Entertainment Weekly. The star bails on the upcoming project before the movie is set to begin production in Louisiana in just two weeks.
According to Deadline, Cage has been on vacation in the Bahamas and nobody can reach him. Insiders say he is not coming back for the project and Millennium will move forward without him. The studio also plans to keep the film on schedule though they have not found a suitable replacement.
Cage was supposed to play one of two thieves who take a couple hostage in hopes of earning some easy money. Nicole Kidman is set to play the wife. The role of the husband, which was initially going to Cage before he opted to play the thief, has been offered to Liev Schreiber but he has not accepted yet. Joel Schumacher is attached to direct the action adventure flick.
It is not clear why Cage decides to back out of "Trespass" but his departure comes on the heel of the failure of his latest movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". His representative still could not be reached for comment.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked