Artist of the Week: Fat Joe
Fat Joe is probably the most diligent rapper in terms of releasing an album. The CEO of Terror Squad Entertainment came out with another effort this year after releasing two others in the past three years. This time, Joe is confident that when his fans listen to it, they would say "He's one of the greats."
"The Darkside Vol.1" was released on July 27 led by the single "(Ha Ha) Slow Down". Both the first single and the second single ("If It Ain't About Money") have climbed the Rap Songs chart at top 30. The latter which is featuring Trey Songz is expected to enter the mainstream chart this week. "I'm excited about this album. I can't wait 'til the fans get it," Joe told MTV. "We locked ourselves in the studio for like eight, nine months: wasn't going out, just concentrating on music."
Out of the 13 tracks in the album, one is a personal favorite. "My favorite song on my album is 'Valley of Death,' produced by Cool & Dre. We gonna go to the desert and shoot that video. It's a record for the streets. It's a record I could have saw [The] Game doing, saw Kanye [West] doing, something with that real soulful sample."
A release party was soon held three days after the album hit the stores at 400 at Club Lux in Miami Beach, attended by his mates in the Hip-Hop realm. Already Joe said he's all prepared to release the second volume in February 2011. This means, he would have one album per year since 2008.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'