Oksana Grigorieva to Be Deposed in Child Custody Battle Against Mel Gibson
Oksana Grigorieva will be under oath when she is deposed in a child custody battle with troubled actor Mel Gibson, TMZ reported. Sources told the site that Oksana and her attorneys will meet with Mel's attorneys.
Now that Oksana will take the oath, the situation could be tricky for her. Although the primary focus will be custody of the Russian singer and Mel's illegitimate daughter Lucia, the topic of tapes featuring Mel launching racist insults, threats, profane tirades aimed at Oksana will most likely come up.
Oksana, however, could refuse to discuss about the recordings and the sale of the tapes as she could invoke her Fifth Amendment rights and deny to talk about that subject. Both Oksana and her lawyer haven't given any comment yet about her being deposed.
Oksana Grigorieva and Mel Gibson have become embroiled in the bitter court fight over recent weeks as they attempt to thrash out custody arrangements for Lucia. While Oksana accused Mel of assault, the "Braveheart" actor alleged his ex-girlfriend has tried to bribe him for cash in exchange for the audio recordings.
In a recent interview with Radar Online, Oksana said, "I think Mel is basically trivializing domestic violence and this is very, very sad and it's very unfair. All the tapes that you hear on the internet, all of the voicemails, the phone calls, all of them (were) recorded that one night, because I was in fear for my life that night. I really didn't think I was gonna make it. I feel like I'm being victimized all over again."
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details