'True Blood' 3.08 Preview: More About Lafayette's Mom
In the episode "Night on the Sun", "True Blood" is shaping up toward the end of the season with Bill getting hungry for blood and Jason protecting his sister from him. Shaken and disillusioned, Sookie rethinks her relationship with Bill.
The episode is also centering on Lafayette's relationship with his mom, Ruby Jean, who comes to visit him by surprise. Played by Alfre Woodard, the character makes the impression that she is not well recovered from the mental hospital. "That was so much fun, because she's nuts and awful," Woodard said in an interview with TV Guide. "...I've shot three episodes already and there will be more."
Meanwhile, Sophie-Anne takes up a new residence as Russell plots his next move. Jessica and Bill reconcile; Jason throws down the gauntlet in hopes of saving Crystal; Sam tries to keep Tommy in check; Merlotte's gets a new waitress; Eric proves the depth of his allegiance to Russell. Sookie finds herself in a vulnerable position when Alcide needs to deal with a family emergency.
"Night on the Sun" airs Sunday, August 8 on HBO.
More True Blood News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift