Lady GaGa Made Bold Statement About SB 1070 at Concert
Lady GaGa did not obey some people who urged her to boycott the July 31 concert in Phoenix, Arizona. About 14,000 of her fans turned up at her gig and they screamed when the singer made a powerful statement about the state's controversial law, the SB 1070 bill.
Saying the crowd made her brave not to listen to those who want her to cancel the concert, GaGa asked the audience to let go of their insecurities including "the law". Many artists like Shakira and Rage Against the Machine have expressed their opposition against the immigration law which many thought is discriminative.
"I got a call from some big rappers and big rockers. They said, 'We'd like you to boycott Arizona because of SB 1070'," GaGa told the crowd. "I told them, 'Do you really think that us ...pop stars are going to shut down the state?' " She had "Stop SB 1070" scrawled on her forearm.
She recalled an encounter with a boy whose brother is taken to Mexico in a house raid. "It's really (unfair), and it's really disgusting. I think it's important that people understand that it's a state of emergency for this place and this state," she said before dedicating her song "You and I" for the boy.
GaGa spread the message, "We have to be active. We have to actively protest. I will not cancel my show. I will hold you, and we will hold each other, and we will protest this state."
More Lady GaGa News
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise