TCA Awards Winners: 'Glee', 'Lost' and More
"Glee" continues to dominate award events as the FOX series was announced as the recipient of Program of the Year at the Television Critics Association Awards. Taking the honor on Saturday, July 31, the show also went home with two others, Outstanding New Program and Individual Achievement in Comedy for Jane Lynch.
"She is our joy and delight," show creator Ryan Murphy said of Lynch at the acceptance speech. After the ceremony was wrapped, Murphy said, as quoted by NY Daily News, that the biggest satisfaction actually is "letters from teachers saying they can't cut my program now, because [thanks to 'Glee'] my program now has gone from seven members to 40."
Also getting some love from the TCA are "Lost" and "Breaking Bad" which is in tie for Outstanding Achievement in Drama. Tom Hanks' miniseries which aired on HBO, "The Pacific", was also a winner along with Julianna Margulies of "The Good Wife".
The complete list of winners:
- Program of the Year: "Glee"
- Outstanding New Program: "Glee"
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Jane Lynch, "Glee"
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: "Modern Family"
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: "Lost" and "Breaking Bad" (tie)
- Individual Achievement in Drama: Julianna Margulies, "The Good Wife"
- Outstanding Achievement in News & Information: "Life"
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: "Yo Gabba Gabba"
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries & Specials: "The Pacific"
- Heritage Award: "M*A*S*H"
- Career Achievement: James Garner
More Glee News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son