Josh Hutcherson and Dane Cook to Star in Teen Horror 'Detention'
Josh Hutcherson who is fresh from promoting "The Kids Are All Right" is ready to take on a new project with the companion of Dane Cook. The 17-year-old actor is officially signed to topline "Detention", a teen horror-comedy which he will also produce.
Joseph Kahn, who is known to have directed a lot of music videos including Eminem's as well as the helmer of "Torque", will be on hand to be the director. Kahn is also in charge of the scriptwriting, working together with Mark Palermo.
The project is indie and is yet to have a release date. However, Hutcherson is expected to film it in Los Angeles in August before kicking off principal photography of "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" sequel in October.
According to Variety, the story centers on teens who must survive their final year of high school. Standing in their way is a slasher-movie killer who has seemingly come to life.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie