Josh Hutcherson and Dane Cook to Star in Teen Horror 'Detention'
Josh Hutcherson who is fresh from promoting "The Kids Are All Right" is ready to take on a new project with the companion of Dane Cook. The 17-year-old actor is officially signed to topline "Detention", a teen horror-comedy which he will also produce.
Joseph Kahn, who is known to have directed a lot of music videos including Eminem's as well as the helmer of "Torque", will be on hand to be the director. Kahn is also in charge of the scriptwriting, working together with Mark Palermo.
The project is indie and is yet to have a release date. However, Hutcherson is expected to film it in Los Angeles in August before kicking off principal photography of "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" sequel in October.
According to Variety, the story centers on teens who must survive their final year of high school. Standing in their way is a slasher-movie killer who has seemingly come to life.
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck