Josh Hutcherson and Dane Cook to Star in Teen Horror 'Detention'
Josh Hutcherson who is fresh from promoting "The Kids Are All Right" is ready to take on a new project with the companion of Dane Cook. The 17-year-old actor is officially signed to topline "Detention", a teen horror-comedy which he will also produce.
Joseph Kahn, who is known to have directed a lot of music videos including Eminem's as well as the helmer of "Torque", will be on hand to be the director. Kahn is also in charge of the scriptwriting, working together with Mark Palermo.
The project is indie and is yet to have a release date. However, Hutcherson is expected to film it in Los Angeles in August before kicking off principal photography of "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" sequel in October.
According to Variety, the story centers on teens who must survive their final year of high school. Standing in their way is a slasher-movie killer who has seemingly come to life.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed