Josh Hutcherson and Dane Cook to Star in Teen Horror 'Detention'
Josh Hutcherson who is fresh from promoting "The Kids Are All Right" is ready to take on a new project with the companion of Dane Cook. The 17-year-old actor is officially signed to topline "Detention", a teen horror-comedy which he will also produce.
Joseph Kahn, who is known to have directed a lot of music videos including Eminem's as well as the helmer of "Torque", will be on hand to be the director. Kahn is also in charge of the scriptwriting, working together with Mark Palermo.
The project is indie and is yet to have a release date. However, Hutcherson is expected to film it in Los Angeles in August before kicking off principal photography of "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" sequel in October.
According to Variety, the story centers on teens who must survive their final year of high school. Standing in their way is a slasher-movie killer who has seemingly come to life.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle