Josh Hutcherson and Dane Cook to Star in Teen Horror 'Detention'
Josh Hutcherson who is fresh from promoting "The Kids Are All Right" is ready to take on a new project with the companion of Dane Cook. The 17-year-old actor is officially signed to topline "Detention", a teen horror-comedy which he will also produce.
Joseph Kahn, who is known to have directed a lot of music videos including Eminem's as well as the helmer of "Torque", will be on hand to be the director. Kahn is also in charge of the scriptwriting, working together with Mark Palermo.
The project is indie and is yet to have a release date. However, Hutcherson is expected to film it in Los Angeles in August before kicking off principal photography of "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D" sequel in October.
According to Variety, the story centers on teens who must survive their final year of high school. Standing in their way is a slasher-movie killer who has seemingly come to life.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!