Katy Perry Buys Russell Brand Trip to Outer Space as Birthday Gift
Russell Brand will be celebrating his 35th birthday in outer space as his fiancee Katy Perry has bought him a seat on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic space ship. "It is true," Virgin Galactic rep Louella Faria tells E! News. "We are very excited to have him on board."
Seats on the ship reportedly cost $200,000. Brand and the other passengers will "jet more than 365,000 feet straight into the Earth's atmosphere at a speed three times faster than the speed of sound." For five minutes, they then can unfasten their seat belts and float weightlessly before returning to Earth.
"There will be 17-inch-diameter windows to look out onto," a space agent for Virgin Galactic explained further about what they offer for their tourists. "Passengers will be able to view Earth around 800 miles in any direction from space."
Katy Perry herself doesn't buy a seat, but she is invited to wait at Virgin Galactic's New Mexico spaceport for Russell Brand's return. In the meantime, Brand is required to do some preparations, including two to three days of astronaut training, before going for the special adventure.
More Katy Perry News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date