Katy Perry Buys Russell Brand Trip to Outer Space as Birthday Gift
Russell Brand will be celebrating his 35th birthday in outer space as his fiancee Katy Perry has bought him a seat on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic space ship. "It is true," Virgin Galactic rep Louella Faria tells E! News. "We are very excited to have him on board."
Seats on the ship reportedly cost $200,000. Brand and the other passengers will "jet more than 365,000 feet straight into the Earth's atmosphere at a speed three times faster than the speed of sound." For five minutes, they then can unfasten their seat belts and float weightlessly before returning to Earth.
"There will be 17-inch-diameter windows to look out onto," a space agent for Virgin Galactic explained further about what they offer for their tourists. "Passengers will be able to view Earth around 800 miles in any direction from space."
Katy Perry herself doesn't buy a seat, but she is invited to wait at Virgin Galactic's New Mexico spaceport for Russell Brand's return. In the meantime, Brand is required to do some preparations, including two to three days of astronaut training, before going for the special adventure.
More Katy Perry News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'