Katy Perry Buys Russell Brand Trip to Outer Space as Birthday Gift
Russell Brand will be celebrating his 35th birthday in outer space as his fiancee Katy Perry has bought him a seat on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic space ship. "It is true," Virgin Galactic rep Louella Faria tells E! News. "We are very excited to have him on board."
Seats on the ship reportedly cost $200,000. Brand and the other passengers will "jet more than 365,000 feet straight into the Earth's atmosphere at a speed three times faster than the speed of sound." For five minutes, they then can unfasten their seat belts and float weightlessly before returning to Earth.
"There will be 17-inch-diameter windows to look out onto," a space agent for Virgin Galactic explained further about what they offer for their tourists. "Passengers will be able to view Earth around 800 miles in any direction from space."
Katy Perry herself doesn't buy a seat, but she is invited to wait at Virgin Galactic's New Mexico spaceport for Russell Brand's return. In the meantime, Brand is required to do some preparations, including two to three days of astronaut training, before going for the special adventure.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris