Black Eyed Peas Rock 'GMA', Announcing New Album 'The Beginning'
Black Eyed Peas visited Central Park on Friday morning, July 30 to perform at "Good Morning America" summer concert series. The group pumped up the crowd with hit singles from their latest album "The E.N.D.". They kicked off with "Boom Boom Pow" and filled the rest of their set with "Rock That Body" and "I Gotta Feeling".
During the interview session with hosts Robin Roberts and Sam Champion, will.i.am teased that the band's new album is on the way, stating they are "up late last night recording." This announcement was met with a roar from the audience.
Also that day, will.i.am dished more about BEP's next studio installment when talking to Associated Press in a phone interview. The new effort is called "The Beginning" and is likely due at the end of the year. "It symbolizes growth, new beginnings and starts, fresh new perspective," he said.
On top of that, "I Gotta Feeling" is announced to have reached a milestone. The dance track becomes the first song to reach the 6 million mark in digital downloads. Of that matter, he commented, "We came out in '98 and our career, if you would look at it on chart, there's no dips in it. For our career to still be healthy and vibrant and doing things like 6 million downloads, it's pretty significant."
"Boom Boom Pow":
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son