Black Eyed Peas Rock 'GMA', Announcing New Album 'The Beginning'
Black Eyed Peas visited Central Park on Friday morning, July 30 to perform at "Good Morning America" summer concert series. The group pumped up the crowd with hit singles from their latest album "The E.N.D.". They kicked off with "Boom Boom Pow" and filled the rest of their set with "Rock That Body" and "I Gotta Feeling".
During the interview session with hosts Robin Roberts and Sam Champion, will.i.am teased that the band's new album is on the way, stating they are "up late last night recording." This announcement was met with a roar from the audience.
Also that day, will.i.am dished more about BEP's next studio installment when talking to Associated Press in a phone interview. The new effort is called "The Beginning" and is likely due at the end of the year. "It symbolizes growth, new beginnings and starts, fresh new perspective," he said.
On top of that, "I Gotta Feeling" is announced to have reached a milestone. The dance track becomes the first song to reach the 6 million mark in digital downloads. Of that matter, he commented, "We came out in '98 and our career, if you would look at it on chart, there's no dips in it. For our career to still be healthy and vibrant and doing things like 6 million downloads, it's pretty significant."
"Boom Boom Pow":
More Black Eyed Peas News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video