'Leverage', 'Closer' and 'Rizzoli and Isles' Renewed
THT has faith in both its new and old series. The cable network has just announced on Friday, July 30 that "Leverage", "The Closer" as well as newbie "Rizzoli & Isles" will all return for the new season which will debut next year.
"TNT has enjoyed tremendous success on Sunday and Monday nights with Leverage, The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles," Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies, said in a statement. "All three shows feature terrific cast, sharp writing and top-notch production teams. We look forward to continued success with new seasons in 2011."
"Leverage" will thus enter its fourth season, "Closer" its seventh season and "Rizzoli" its sophomore season. The first two get 15 episodes each while "Rizzoli" gets 13 episodes.
"Leverage" is averaging 4.1 million viewers in the third season while "Closer" continues to be the cable's strongest performer with 7.1 million viewers in average. "Rizzoli", which is relatively new, managed to score 7.6 million viewers in the July premiere.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower