'Leverage', 'Closer' and 'Rizzoli and Isles' Renewed
THT has faith in both its new and old series. The cable network has just announced on Friday, July 30 that "Leverage", "The Closer" as well as newbie "Rizzoli & Isles" will all return for the new season which will debut next year.
"TNT has enjoyed tremendous success on Sunday and Monday nights with Leverage, The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles," Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies, said in a statement. "All three shows feature terrific cast, sharp writing and top-notch production teams. We look forward to continued success with new seasons in 2011."
"Leverage" will thus enter its fourth season, "Closer" its seventh season and "Rizzoli" its sophomore season. The first two get 15 episodes each while "Rizzoli" gets 13 episodes.
"Leverage" is averaging 4.1 million viewers in the third season while "Closer" continues to be the cable's strongest performer with 7.1 million viewers in average. "Rizzoli", which is relatively new, managed to score 7.6 million viewers in the July premiere.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass