'Leverage', 'Closer' and 'Rizzoli and Isles' Renewed
THT has faith in both its new and old series. The cable network has just announced on Friday, July 30 that "Leverage", "The Closer" as well as newbie "Rizzoli & Isles" will all return for the new season which will debut next year.
"TNT has enjoyed tremendous success on Sunday and Monday nights with Leverage, The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles," Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies, said in a statement. "All three shows feature terrific cast, sharp writing and top-notch production teams. We look forward to continued success with new seasons in 2011."
"Leverage" will thus enter its fourth season, "Closer" its seventh season and "Rizzoli" its sophomore season. The first two get 15 episodes each while "Rizzoli" gets 13 episodes.
"Leverage" is averaging 4.1 million viewers in the third season while "Closer" continues to be the cable's strongest performer with 7.1 million viewers in average. "Rizzoli", which is relatively new, managed to score 7.6 million viewers in the July premiere.
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories