'Leverage', 'Closer' and 'Rizzoli and Isles' Renewed
THT has faith in both its new and old series. The cable network has just announced on Friday, July 30 that "Leverage", "The Closer" as well as newbie "Rizzoli & Isles" will all return for the new season which will debut next year.
"TNT has enjoyed tremendous success on Sunday and Monday nights with Leverage, The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles," Michael Wright, executive vice president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies, said in a statement. "All three shows feature terrific cast, sharp writing and top-notch production teams. We look forward to continued success with new seasons in 2011."
"Leverage" will thus enter its fourth season, "Closer" its seventh season and "Rizzoli" its sophomore season. The first two get 15 episodes each while "Rizzoli" gets 13 episodes.
"Leverage" is averaging 4.1 million viewers in the third season while "Closer" continues to be the cable's strongest performer with 7.1 million viewers in average. "Rizzoli", which is relatively new, managed to score 7.6 million viewers in the July premiere.
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp