Phil Collins' '(Love Is Like a) Heatwave' Video Arrives
Atlantic Records has unveiled a music video filmed to support Phil Collins' single "(Love Is Like a) Heatwave". The 59-year-old singer/songwriter is captured performing the song with a large ensemble of musicians and backing vocalists.
"Heatwave" is a cover version of a 1963 hit single popularized by Motown girl group Martha and the Vandellas. "It shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone that I've finally made an album of my favorite Motown songs," said Collins who often covers classic tracks like "True Colors".
"(Love Is Like a) Heatwave" is taken from "Going Back", Phil Collins' upcoming studio album which compiles cover version of Motown and soul music that played such an influential role in his creative life. He gushed, "My idea, though, was not to bring anything 'new' to these already great records, but to try to recreate the sounds and feelings that I had when I first heard them."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show