J.J. Abrams to Make Robot Movie 'Boilerplate'
Sci-fi geek J.J. Abrams has pitched a new project to be awaited by his fans. The filmmaker has decided to make "Boilerplate: History's Mechanical Marvel" which is based on graphic novel of the same title by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett. The "Star Trek" director will produce the movie project with his production company, Bad Robot.
The Hollywood Reporter which first runs the news mentions that Paramount has picked up rights to the book, which tells the story of the world's first robot who, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, fought alongside Teddy Roosevelt and Lawrence of Arabia. The robot also journeyed to the South Pole and was involved in the silent movie business before disappearing on the battlefields of World War I.
Next project which could be expected from J.J. Abrams is "Super 8" which has been kept under wraps. He is also working on an untitled Star Trek sequel as producer and having "Mission: Impossible IV" and "Samurai Jack" lining up next.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'