J.J. Abrams to Make Robot Movie 'Boilerplate'
Sci-fi geek J.J. Abrams has pitched a new project to be awaited by his fans. The filmmaker has decided to make "Boilerplate: History's Mechanical Marvel" which is based on graphic novel of the same title by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett. The "Star Trek" director will produce the movie project with his production company, Bad Robot.
The Hollywood Reporter which first runs the news mentions that Paramount has picked up rights to the book, which tells the story of the world's first robot who, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, fought alongside Teddy Roosevelt and Lawrence of Arabia. The robot also journeyed to the South Pole and was involved in the silent movie business before disappearing on the battlefields of World War I.
Next project which could be expected from J.J. Abrams is "Super 8" which has been kept under wraps. He is also working on an untitled Star Trek sequel as producer and having "Mission: Impossible IV" and "Samurai Jack" lining up next.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'