J.J. Abrams to Make Robot Movie 'Boilerplate'
Sci-fi geek J.J. Abrams has pitched a new project to be awaited by his fans. The filmmaker has decided to make "Boilerplate: History's Mechanical Marvel" which is based on graphic novel of the same title by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett. The "Star Trek" director will produce the movie project with his production company, Bad Robot.
The Hollywood Reporter which first runs the news mentions that Paramount has picked up rights to the book, which tells the story of the world's first robot who, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, fought alongside Teddy Roosevelt and Lawrence of Arabia. The robot also journeyed to the South Pole and was involved in the silent movie business before disappearing on the battlefields of World War I.
Next project which could be expected from J.J. Abrams is "Super 8" which has been kept under wraps. He is also working on an untitled Star Trek sequel as producer and having "Mission: Impossible IV" and "Samurai Jack" lining up next.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby