J.J. Abrams to Make Robot Movie 'Boilerplate'
Sci-fi geek J.J. Abrams has pitched a new project to be awaited by his fans. The filmmaker has decided to make "Boilerplate: History's Mechanical Marvel" which is based on graphic novel of the same title by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett. The "Star Trek" director will produce the movie project with his production company, Bad Robot.
The Hollywood Reporter which first runs the news mentions that Paramount has picked up rights to the book, which tells the story of the world's first robot who, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, fought alongside Teddy Roosevelt and Lawrence of Arabia. The robot also journeyed to the South Pole and was involved in the silent movie business before disappearing on the battlefields of World War I.
Next project which could be expected from J.J. Abrams is "Super 8" which has been kept under wraps. He is also working on an untitled Star Trek sequel as producer and having "Mission: Impossible IV" and "Samurai Jack" lining up next.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March