J.J. Abrams to Make Robot Movie 'Boilerplate'
Sci-fi geek J.J. Abrams has pitched a new project to be awaited by his fans. The filmmaker has decided to make "Boilerplate: History's Mechanical Marvel" which is based on graphic novel of the same title by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett. The "Star Trek" director will produce the movie project with his production company, Bad Robot.
The Hollywood Reporter which first runs the news mentions that Paramount has picked up rights to the book, which tells the story of the world's first robot who, in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, fought alongside Teddy Roosevelt and Lawrence of Arabia. The robot also journeyed to the South Pole and was involved in the silent movie business before disappearing on the battlefields of World War I.
Next project which could be expected from J.J. Abrams is "Super 8" which has been kept under wraps. He is also working on an untitled Star Trek sequel as producer and having "Mission: Impossible IV" and "Samurai Jack" lining up next.
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer