Leonardo DiCaprio Bails On Viking Movie Due to Mel Gibson's Domestic Abuse Case
After wide speculation about Leonardo DiCaprio's possible involvement in an untitled Viking project, the actor has reportedly dropped out of the movie. A source close to the 35-year-old star claims that Mel Gibson does not have a chance to have him playing in the film, saying "Leo has earned the right to pick and choose who he works with and Mel Gibson is not one of them."
The source tells Radar Online that DiCaprio is currently enjoying his rising name after his performance in Christopher Nolan's box office hit "Inception" and he does not want to risk his reputation with being associated with Gibson. As it has been known, the 54-year-old father of eight is being accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
Earlier this month, a source has hinted that DiCaprio would pass on the project despite he was offered a lead role. "There's not even a script yet," the source said at that time. "So it's not real, but it is technically still in the works. Nothing has been settled ... I doubt Leo would do it, especially after all this [Gibson's domestic issue]."
Though Leonardo DiCaprio will not be back acting in front of camera soon after refusing the role in Mel Gibson's Viking movie, he is busy producing "Red Riding Hood" which has Catherine Hardwicke on board for directing duty. His latest starring movie "Inception" which has been debuted in the U.S. on July 16 has sat atop domestic box office chart for two straight weeks, pulling in $142.9 million as of July 25.
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'