Kanye West to Debut 'Power' Video Next Week, Revealing Teaser Picture
What is highly expected next from Kanye West after he performed in-office shows for Facebook and Twitter is the video premiere of his new single "Power". Directed by Marco Brambibilla, the clip is plotted to come out next week and it was already teased in a form of a set picture.
Kanye is seen standing imposingly with a heavy, gold chain around his neck. According to New York Times which got its hand on the image, camera slowly "zooms out in one continuous, unedited take" to reveal Kanye in "a classical structure" as he spits his verses.
"Female attendants who are partly or entirely nude; some kneel before him on all fours, others wear devil horns and still others are suspended upside down from the ceiling," the publication continues detailing the scene. "The sword of Damocles hangs precariously over Mr. West's head, and behind him an unseen executioner is preparing to strike him with a blade."
Brambibilla himself described the video as a "kind of apocalyptic, in a very personal way." He explained, "It had this very dark, personal conflict within it. Because of his own concept of celebrity and his own notoriety, he's keenly self-aware of all these things. And it all came out in the music."
Although the video might not be family friendly, the director hopes people would see the humor in it. "It's a very exaggerated, hyper-sensational version of what the song is saying," he said. "But at the same time, it has this fallibility to it. Because built into the story is that there is an ultimate fallibility, in bringing someone back down to earth at the end of the piece. That kind of contradiction, hopefully, will create the tension within it."
When asked about controversy that may arise from the upcoming clip, he is not worried about it at all. In fact, he seems comfortable with that, saying "I like controversy. The more controversial it gets, the more interesting it is."
More Kanye West News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors