Sara Gilbert Reveals She's a Lesbian
"Roseanne" star Sara Gilbert has come out as lesbian. The 35-year-old actress revealed about her sexuality during the Television Critics Association press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, July 28, Entertainment Weekly reported.
Gilbert openly spoke about her life as a lesbian on the press conference for her new show "The Talk" with co-hosts Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Marissa Jaret Winokur. Gilbert admitted that she has raised a boy and a girl, who were born in 2004 and 2007, with a partner, TV Producer Allison Adler.
During the panel, Gilbert was asked if it would be easier for her to be out on a talk show rather than as a character on a scripted show. The "ER" actress replied, "This is a whole new world for me. I'm not an expert on this, or I don't analyze these things. I'm just sort of living my life. I plan to put my heart and soul into this show, and I plan to continue acting"
"I don't think [being out] will be a problem... I don't ever really think of things as being out or in," Gilbert continued. "I just think I am who I am, and when topics come up that are appropriate, I'll talk about them and share when it seems right."
Last week, CBS sent out the press release about the new talk show and mentioned the husbands of the rest of the hosts, but only mentioned Gilbert's children. On why Gilbert's partner Adler was omitted, Gilbert said that the decision came from her. "I've been acting my whole life, and I've never really discussed my personal life," she claimed.
"This is a talk show. So obviously, I'm going to be discussing my life more, and I felt that the first place I wanted to do it wasn't in a CBS press release," Gilbert went on. "It just seemed impersonal, and I felt like I'd rather come in person and talk to you about all that stuff here."
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'