Sara Gilbert Reveals She's a Lesbian
"Roseanne" star Sara Gilbert has come out as lesbian. The 35-year-old actress revealed about her sexuality during the Television Critics Association press conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, July 28, Entertainment Weekly reported.
Gilbert openly spoke about her life as a lesbian on the press conference for her new show "The Talk" with co-hosts Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Marissa Jaret Winokur. Gilbert admitted that she has raised a boy and a girl, who were born in 2004 and 2007, with a partner, TV Producer Allison Adler.
During the panel, Gilbert was asked if it would be easier for her to be out on a talk show rather than as a character on a scripted show. The "ER" actress replied, "This is a whole new world for me. I'm not an expert on this, or I don't analyze these things. I'm just sort of living my life. I plan to put my heart and soul into this show, and I plan to continue acting"
"I don't think [being out] will be a problem... I don't ever really think of things as being out or in," Gilbert continued. "I just think I am who I am, and when topics come up that are appropriate, I'll talk about them and share when it seems right."
Last week, CBS sent out the press release about the new talk show and mentioned the husbands of the rest of the hosts, but only mentioned Gilbert's children. On why Gilbert's partner Adler was omitted, Gilbert said that the decision came from her. "I've been acting my whole life, and I've never really discussed my personal life," she claimed.
"This is a talk show. So obviously, I'm going to be discussing my life more, and I felt that the first place I wanted to do it wasn't in a CBS press release," Gilbert went on. "It just seemed impersonal, and I felt like I'd rather come in person and talk to you about all that stuff here."
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video