'Lost' Creator Damon Lindelof Could Be Writing 'Alien' Prequel
Having done with sci-fi series "Lost", Damon Lindelof is said stepping in another project about extra terrestrial thing. The filmmaker reportedly has been writing a script for Ridley Scott's "Alien" which will serve as a prequel to the 1979 film.
Deadline Hollywood which first breaks the news reports that Lindelof has had meeting with Scott and the studio to talk about the rewrite job. The discussions then lead to an idea that his script could either be used for "Alien" or become a free-standing science fiction film. It will be decided later when Lindelof turns in the script.
Upcoming "Alien" will not tell the story of how the extra-terrestrial creatures found their way to LV-426 but rather it reportedly will focus on the human. Ridley Scott is on board to direct it in addition to serving as producer alongside his brother Tony Scott. No release date has been set for the sci-fi movie.
Damon Lindelof is currently writing for untitled Star Trek sequel with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. He will also produce this "Star Trek" sequel with J.J. Abrams. The 37-year-old filmmaker additionally has teamed up with Kurtzman and Oci to provide the screenplay for Jon Favreau's "Cowboys and Aliens".
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge