Host: This 'Bachelorette' Ending Would Be 'Different' From the Rest
ABC said in the press release earlier this week that "The Bachelorette" would have a "shocking outcome". Host Chris Harrison has just confirmed it is not some kind of hyperbole statement, but it will indeed be different from previous seasons. "It's true from the last chance dates. And from those on into 'proposal day' at the end. Everything is different than what our fans have seen in years past," he said.
Going into details, Harrison said, "People will be surprised. Whether it's good or not, Ali's happy with it and she's sticking by it." He added in the interview with E! Online, "It'll be interesting. I really just want to sit back and watch the fan reactions, what the comments are and how they feel it all played out."
Determining how "different" this would be, one may look back at the past season endings. Trista Rehn got a happy ending with her choice in season 1, Meredith Phillips got engaged to Ian Mckee in the second season, Jennifer Schefft chose Jerry Ferris but rejected his proposal in season 3, DeAnna Pappas got engaged to Jesse Csincsak in season 4, Jillian Harris chose Ed Swiderski who left and returned in the middle of season 5.
Ali is left with Roberto and Chris L. whom Harrison described as "ridiculously good guys". In the final week, she went on a vacation with both of them and her family. The episode airs Monday, August 2 but was taped weeks ago. Asked whether Ali is still in good place, Harrison answered, "She's good, she's really happy. She looked like the old Ali. ...The season took a lot out of her. It was a rough road, but she's good. She's very happy and content with what she did."
More The Bachelorette News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says