Guillermo del Toro to Team Up With James Cameron in Reaching 'Mountains of Madness'
Two big filmmakers could be joining forces to make "At the Mountains of Madness". Guillermo del Toro has been lately attached to the directing duty of the project and a new report mentions that James Cameron will come aboard as producer.
Del Toro himself has not confirmed whether or not he has signed up for "Mountains of Madness" but at the Comic Con he did announce that he would "set his next film shortly, and it would be scary," Deadline Hollywood reports. And "Mountains of Madness" is claimed to fit the description.
The film allegedly will be shot in 3-D and pre-production will begin in the next few weeks while principal photography will take place next summer. Based on H.P. Lovecraft's novel, the movie will see a chilling recollection of an Antarctic expedition's uncanny discoveries and their encounter with untold menace in the ruins of a lost civilization. Bad things happen when those life forms are awakened.
After announcing that he gave up the directing seat of "The Hobbit", Guillermo del Toro has "The Haunted Mansion" lined up as one of his upcoming projects. James Cameron, meanwhile, is gearing up to re-release "Avatar" with additional 8-minute footage in addition to launching his "Titanic" in 3-D.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet