Lady GaGa Urged by Gay Fans to Cancel Arizona Concert
Lady GaGa's fans from LGBTQ communities have written an online petition, calling the dance queen to scrap her upcoming concert in Arizona. She is scheduled to perform at US Airways Center in Phoenix on July 31, but asked to boycott the state due to sb 1070 immigration law.
"Please be a lady FOR our community," it was read. "The state of Arizona is EXTRA right now. A wave of laws like sb 1070 is making it a crime to be brown and putting whole communities at risk. Both migrant and LGBTQ communities know what it is to have to fight for our full human dignity to be affirmed. You have the opportunity to play a special role in that fight in Arizona."
"Communities have called for a boycott of the state to make it happen. As an icon and beloved artist, please join us in boycotting Arizona and turn your trip into an opportunity to meet your little monsters in the Migrant LGBTQ.munity so that you can speak out against the hateful laws and be a champion for this human rights cause."
The controversial Arizona immigration law requires local authorities to determine a person's immigration status if he or she is suspected of being undocumented. So far, the likes of Hall & Oates, Rage Against the Machine and Kanye West have stepped forward to sound off their protests.
More Lady GaGa News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences