Lady GaGa Urged by Gay Fans to Cancel Arizona Concert
Lady GaGa's fans from LGBTQ communities have written an online petition, calling the dance queen to scrap her upcoming concert in Arizona. She is scheduled to perform at US Airways Center in Phoenix on July 31, but asked to boycott the state due to sb 1070 immigration law.
"Please be a lady FOR our community," it was read. "The state of Arizona is EXTRA right now. A wave of laws like sb 1070 is making it a crime to be brown and putting whole communities at risk. Both migrant and LGBTQ communities know what it is to have to fight for our full human dignity to be affirmed. You have the opportunity to play a special role in that fight in Arizona."
"Communities have called for a boycott of the state to make it happen. As an icon and beloved artist, please join us in boycotting Arizona and turn your trip into an opportunity to meet your little monsters in the Migrant LGBTQ.munity so that you can speak out against the hateful laws and be a champion for this human rights cause."
The controversial Arizona immigration law requires local authorities to determine a person's immigration status if he or she is suspected of being undocumented. So far, the likes of Hall & Oates, Rage Against the Machine and Kanye West have stepped forward to sound off their protests.
More Lady GaGa News
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?