Confirmed, Jessica Simpsons in Talks With 'Idol' Producers
It is not mere rumor when the reports spread that Jessica Simpson is being considered to be Simon Cowell's replacement on "American Idol". The pop singer was indeed in talks with the show's producers, as confirmed by her representative to Gossip Cop.
Moreover, Simpsons "likes them and they like her" in the meeting but they are "not at the negotiating stage yet." A source said that Simpsons is only one out of "dozens" of candidates who are being considered as the new judge. As widely reported in the past few dates, there have been other names like Justin Timberlake, Elton John and Chris Isaak, but the first two's casting reportedly has been denied.
Regarding how Simpsons is thrown in the competition, a source told TMZ, "I'm not sure whether her people approached Idol, or if it was the other way around."
With the audition running and a January 2011 premiere, the executives are under a deadline to announce the final selection. "The network's dream scenario would be to make a splashy announcement at TCA [Television Critics Association] on Monday [August 2] morning," said the source. "They'd be the talk of TCA, and the message to other networks would essentially be, 'Follow that!'."
More American Idol News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son