Jon Hamm of 'Mad Men' Is Seriously Considered for Superman Role
Jon Hamm could transfer from "Mad Men" league to superheroes team. The actor reportedly has a big chance to portray Superman as he is being "seriously considered" by Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures to take the lead role in the next "Superman" movie which is tentatively titled "The Man of Steel", TMT reported.
Though the studio has had eyes for the "Space Cowboys" actor to play Clark Kent, there is no indication that Hamm and/or his representation has met with WB, Legendary or the filmmakers. Thus, there has been no deal in place and Hamm is only one of several names being thrown as the candidates to play Superman.
Other names which have been linked to the role are Zachary Levi and Joe Manganiello. Reports said the "Chuck" thesp has joined audition for "Man of Steel" and he is possibly eying the lead role, while the "True Blood" actor has been publicly campaigning for the same part.
Christopher Nolan has been hired to work on the next "Superman" movie project though his specific role has not been confirmed yet. Meanwhile, his brother Jonathan Nolan is reportedly attached to direct "The Man of Steel" with David Goyer writing the script. No start date or release date has been set for the action film.
Jon Hamm had roles in a number of TV series such as "Providence", "The Division", "What About Brian" and "Related" before making his big screen debut in "Space Cowboys". His portrayal of Don Draper on "Mad Men" earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series in 2008. His upcoming movies include "The Town", "Howl" and "Sucker Punch".
More Man of Steel News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama